Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a prayer request. I have this very important exam upcoming In a few weeks, it’s all dependent on one written essay that determines a lot, been studying a lot for it and unfortunately becoming alittle stressed out.

I have prayed for peace, consistency, and wisdom for you. Stress keeps us focused and too much stress can be distracting - I am cheering for you as you continue to prepare and strive to find that balance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For when we are all overwhelmed by everything going on:

Isaiah 43:1-3

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world.
If God be for you, who shall be against you.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Amen

Last edited:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a prayer request for myself. I fell last night and broke my foot. The ER doctor put a boot on and said I need to go see an orthopedic doctor.
37C6B555-1C24-417A-91BD-E6A918E6C846.jpeg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a prayer request for myself. I fell last night and broke my foot. The ER doctor put a boot on and said I need to go see an orthopedic doctor.
37C6B555-1C24-417A-91BD-E6A918E6C846.jpeg
Oh no. Impact looks severe. This looks like what is called Compartment Syndrome which occurs after an impact or orthopedic injury. It can cause nerve compression, swelling, tenderness and obviously paid. Ice packs are your best friend until you see doctor. A good heat rub such as Biofreeze. While heat wont heal anything, it will provide temporary comfort.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no. Impact looks severe. This looks like what is called Compartment Syndrome which occurs after an impact or orthopedic injury. It can cause nerve compression, swelling, tenderness and obviously paid. Ice packs are your best friend until you see doctor. A good heat rub such as Biofreeze. While heat wont heal anything, it will provide temporary comfort.

Thanks for the info. I stepped off a step wrong and rolled my ankle and fell on the sidewalk. ER X-ray showed a Talus fracture and may be something else going on with ankle. That’s why they said to see ortho dr.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might seem like a totally trivial and ridiculous request for prayer.. but I suppose we all have our own struggles. In the middle of removing a load bearing wall and plumbing for my monster in wall build. I have to remove and re-solder 4 intricate plumbing tees.

There are all located in between the floor joists and I must have spent 7 straight hours cutting, cleaning and soldering last night. Got everything put back together and turned the water on last night. Woke up this morning, there is a tiny tiny tiny amount of water seeping out of one of the joints.... so it all has to come apart :(

If there is a patron saint of plumbing or DIY, if you could send a couple prayers my way I would appreciate it.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might seem like a totally trivial and ridiculous request for prayer.. but I suppose we all have our own struggles. In the middle of removing a load bearing wall and plumbing for my monster in wall build. I have to remove and re-solder 4 intricate plumbing tees.

There are all located in between the floor joists and I must have spent 7 straight hours cutting, cleaning and soldering last night. Got everything put back together and turned the water on last night. Woke up this morning, there is a tiny tiny tiny amount of water seeping out of one of the joints.... so it all has to come apart :(

If there is a patron saint of plumbing or DIY, if you could send a couple prayers my way I would appreciate it.
Praying for wisdom and patience

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old man could use a few advocates. He thought he hurt his back at work, and he might have, but it turns out that he’s got the big C in his lungs, back, brain, and lymph nodes. He had a biopsy and is supposed to get the results tomorrow, but my very pragmatic brain says it looks like the best care scenario is a tough fight. I’m asking for you folks to pray for his healing and to allow the Lord to pass the pain to me. I can handle it.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old man could use a few advocates. He thought he hurt his back at work, and he might have, but it turns out that he’s got the big C in his lungs, back, brain, and lymph nodes. He had a biopsy and is supposed to get the results tomorrow, but my very pragmatic brain says it looks like the best care scenario is a tough fight. I’m asking for you folks to pray for his healing and to allow the Lord to pass the pain to me. I can handle it.
Praying for healing for Your Father. God is a God of miracles.

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Breadman03, I can only imagine the emotions you must be feeling. I've prayed for wisdom for your dad's doctors, that they know how best to treat him; for strength and healing for your dad; and for peace for you as you support and love him during this trial.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Breadman03, I can only imagine the emotions you must be feeling. I've prayed for wisdom for your dad's doctors, that they know how best to treat him; for strength and healing for your dad; and for peace for you as you support and love him during this trial.
Thank you. I’ve picked up pretty much all of the gig apps (Uber, Lyft, Amazon Flex, DoorDash, Shipt, Postmates, and Instacart). We can’t visit, but we’re going to do everything we can for the finances. There’s no doubt that my parents finances are shot and my wife just got notified that her employer’s finances are “devastated” and they will be executing a massive downsizing. Stepping stones on the path of life.... A good podcast helps. I’ve found “The Catholic Talk Show” on Spotify is a good listen.

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can imagine that would delete finances pretty rapidly for your mom and dad, and not being to actually visit really must be rough. That's good of you to pick up extra work to lend a hand financially, but now to hear that your wife's place of work will be downsizing on a large scale...you have a lot going on. Staying centered on the... One who is able to do exceedingly more than we can ask or imagine according to the power that is in us... (Ephesians 3:20) is all we can do sometimes when life seems so rough. I also love to listen to teaching podcasts; I do that most of the day right now since I'm not working. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted here a while back requesting prayer for my family. We have an average set of issues, compounded by alcohol and I was feeling a bit stressed about my own situation. I posted a prayer request in another thread and Rev provided the link to this one (thanks!)

I saw the baby pictures at page 2, and skipped over to here at 100 and it seems interesting that prayer request traffic seems to be in slow motion like it has a virus and is sick in bed.

Please pray for my family struggles, and let's all get serious about prayer for our communities, our nation, and the world as our government leaders are also struggling to handle the challenges that have arisen from a new virus playing havoc in our fallen world. I've been praying a lot more lately and I'm asking for fellow reefers to consider joining me in prayer for our nation and for my small family unit. God hears when we cry out.

Thank you.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted here a while back requesting prayer for my family. We have an average set of issues, compounded by alcohol and I was feeling a bit stressed about my own situation. I posted a prayer request in another thread and Rev provided the link to this one (thanks!)

I saw the baby pictures at page 2, and skipped over to here at 100 and it seems interesting that prayer request traffic seems to be in slow motion like it has a virus and is sick in bed.

Please pray for my family struggles, and let's all get serious about prayer for our communities, our nation, and the world as our government leaders are also struggling to handle the challenges that have arisen from a new virus playing havoc in our fallen world. I've been praying a lot more lately and I'm asking for fellow reefers to consider joining me in prayer for our nation and for my small family unit. God hears when we cry out.

Thank you.
Ill be praying for Your family and that God works it out for Your good. Been praying continually for Our nation and wisdom for Our elected officials. I dont mean You specifically but any one who has started praying during this crisis I pray that they continue in prayer when the " good times" return. God always wants to hear from His children not just when they have needs. Dont forget to praise him for the good no matter how small

bibliophile

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that this is a resource here, Rev.
My request may seem small to some, but here it is. A friend of mine passed recently, and I promised her that I’d assist her daughter in placing her three senior dogs. One will be a difficult placement, as she’s 14.5, blind, and deaf. The second should be a bit easier at 10.5, with no health issues. The third is the one I’m really needing God’s guidance on, as he’ll likely be joining our pack & is 11.5. With two adult Weimaraners and two Weim pups who are 7mos, along with two teenage kids, I just need to pray (and request prayer) that we’re making the right decision, for ourselves and for this sweet dog.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that this is a resource here, Rev.
My request may seem small to some, but here it is. A friend of mine passed recently, and I promised her that I’d assist her daughter in placing her three senior dogs. One will be a difficult placement, as she’s 14.5, blind, and deaf. The second should be a bit easier at 10.5, with no health issues. The third is the one I’m really needing God’s guidance on, as he’ll likely be joining our pack & is 11.5. With two adult Weimaraners and two Weim pups who are 7mos, along with two teenage kids, I just need to pray (and request prayer) that we’re making the right decision, for ourselves and for this sweet dog.
Praying for Your wisdom and God's will to be done