Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m writing this as a last resort to get my mind off of what’s going on right now. As silly as it may sound to some, it’s about my cat. I found Osiris ten years ago in the engine compartment of subaru. He was a tiny kitten, goopey-eyed and fiesty. I was in a really abusive relationship at the time and brought him home into that. I’ve always been really protective of him and we eventually both got out of that situation. He got me through it. Now back May, I noticed he was a little lethargic and had my current fiancé Theresa take him to work since she’s a registered veterinary technician. Blood was drawn and the next day we found out his kidney values were really bad. We immediately switched him onto a special kidney diet and gave him subcutaneous fluids every day. As time went by, he became more finicky and a few weeks ago, he stopped eating completely. Since then, we’ve been force feeding him around 80ml of wet food daily, hoping between this and his fluids, his values would improve and he would start eating again since he would need 180ml daily to maintain weight. We even added a phosphate binder to the regiment. It didn’t work.. He lost a lot of weight and is pretty much just sleeping most of the day now. At that point I knew the end was coming no matter what and hid all photos I have of him to keep myself sane. Theresa took him in again yesterday for more bloodwork and it came back today. His kidney values had improved a little, but now he has a liver issue that makes everything probably a moot point now. I made it clear a few months ago to Theresa that I don’t want Osiris to suffer and I feel like he’s at that point. Theresa is a little in denial over this but came to accept the reality of things this morning. She’s going to make an appointment today for a vet to come to our home and send Osiris to a better home. We’re obviously in a lot of pain right now over this and Theresa feels like she’s giving up on him somehow. As for me, I’m a high school custodian doing final touches on summer cleaning. This is the only time of the year where we go off an doing our own thing for the full shift. But I feel like I can’t do anything. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to go home. I honestly should’ve stayed home today but that place has become my personal hell lately. I’ve lost family before but I wasn’t as close to them as I was to my little furball.

E9B04D3C-C4BE-4AF6-8032-B85E2E05FC6D.jpeg
I’m definitely praying for you, Deo volente

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m writing this as a last resort to get my mind off of what’s going on right now. As silly as it may sound to some, it’s about my cat. I found Osiris ten years ago in the engine compartment of subaru. He was a tiny kitten, goopey-eyed and fiesty. I was in a really abusive relationship at the time and brought him home into that. I’ve always been really protective of him and we eventually both got out of that situation. He got me through it. Now back May, I noticed he was a little lethargic and had my current fiancé Theresa take him to work since she’s a registered veterinary technician. Blood was drawn and the next day we found out his kidney values were really bad. We immediately switched him onto a special kidney diet and gave him subcutaneous fluids every day. As time went by, he became more finicky and a few weeks ago, he stopped eating completely. Since then, we’ve been force feeding him around 80ml of wet food daily, hoping between this and his fluids, his values would improve and he would start eating again since he would need 180ml daily to maintain weight. We even added a phosphate binder to the regiment. It didn’t work.. He lost a lot of weight and is pretty much just sleeping most of the day now. At that point I knew the end was coming no matter what and hid all photos I have of him to keep myself sane. Theresa took him in again yesterday for more bloodwork and it came back today. His kidney values had improved a little, but now he has a liver issue that makes everything probably a moot point now. I made it clear a few months ago to Theresa that I don’t want Osiris to suffer and I feel like he’s at that point. Theresa is a little in denial over this but came to accept the reality of things this morning. She’s going to make an appointment today for a vet to come to our home and send Osiris to a better home. We’re obviously in a lot of pain right now over this and Theresa feels like she’s giving up on him somehow. As for me, I’m a high school custodian doing final touches on summer cleaning. This is the only time of the year where we go off an doing our own thing for the full shift. But I feel like I can’t do anything. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to go home. I honestly should’ve stayed home today but that place has become my personal hell lately. I’ve lost family before but I wasn’t as close to them as I was to my little furball.

It doesnt sound silly to Me, I had to put My dog down last October. She was there thru My separation and divorce, what I thought was the worst days of My life. She was the only one to see Me cry at night, so Yes They are family. Praying for Your comfort and peace

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt sound silly to Me, I had to put My dog down last October. She was there thru My separation and divorce, what I thought was the worst days of My life. She was the only one to see Me cry at night, so Yes They are family. Praying for Your comfort and peace
Thank you. Animals are amazing things especially to people like me who have extreme anxiety issues. It’s very difficult for me to talk to a human in person because I’m hyper-aware of their reactions and how I sound. Osiris fills that void for me, even if he has no idea what I’m talking about. The best explanation I can make of what my day is like is that talking to one person feels the same as me trying to give a speech to a thousand people. I’m going to really miss my little buddy and our conversations.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am sorry for the loss. Not silly at all and absolutely doing the right thing. Sounds like you were put together for a reason. My Miss Whiskers was 17 when we made that same decision. It is never easy, but it is right. I try not to let the loss overshadow the great times. It is hard, but will be sending positive thoughts for you and the family.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry for the loss. Not silly at all and absolutely doing the right thing. Sounds like you were put together for a reason. My Miss Whiskers was 17 when we made that same decision. It is never easy, but it is right. I try not to let the loss overshadow the great times. It is hard, but will be sending positive thoughts for you and the family.
Thank you. I keep telling myself that I saved him from a really bad life on the streets. He had an awesome ten years. Lots of crunchies, treats and toys. He even had cat tv with bird feeders. While i’m expecting things to be rough for a while there is a silver lining to things. Since Theresa works at an animal hospital, we’ve had the privilege to foster around a dozen litters of kittens from a local shelter, exposing them to all kinds of stuff including dogs and the annoyances of being around people. We actually have a 100% adoption record including one mother kitty. This is how we added Bobcat to our family (He’s also the best kitten babysitter imaginable, which is odd for a male cat). I didn’t have a choice of temperament with Osiris and worked with his “quirks”, one of which is being the most stubborn “middle finger” cat on earth and an emphatic anti-snugglebug. With kittens I can tell their temperament right off the bat and use it to write up adoption sheets for them. Next kitten season I’ll get another chance to give a kitten its best life and probably get one with an awesome temperament too.

Starkrost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm so sorry for your sadness. When we had to put down our beloved American Eskimo, my husband volunteered to work that day. He just couldn't be there for a final good-bye. It was totally okay. We each deal with grief in different ways. Osiris was one lucky little kitty to have you for his human.

dzfish17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sitting beside my 99 year old grandma listening to her final breaths on planet earth.
She is not suffering in pain, just waiting to take Jesus’ hand. Please Send a prayer that this faithful servant will go home very soon.
Praying that our Father in heaven comforts you and your family during this difficult time.

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sitting beside my 99 year old grandma listening to her final breaths on planet earth.
She is not suffering in pain, just waiting to take Jesus’ hand. Please Send a prayer that this faithful servant will go home very soon.

Sending prayers to our heavenly father for your grandmother and to you and yours for strength.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. All we can do sometimes is move forward and hope at least in time some of the wound can be healed.

4B0E0823-50FD-4F7F-92E9-D6790BEB8DBA.jpeg
There’s something incredible about letting new life into your heart after a loss. I hope he helps you to heal, he’s a beautiful cat.