Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She’s a sweetheart. The problem is we have no idea what to name her!
Oh sorry about the he. Hm... I’ve named my pets after bible characters and using Latin. For instance, my Black rabbit is named Nox... a Latin word for Night. Maybe translate some things n tweak it... it might fit her.

Zerobytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m writing this as a last resort to get my mind off of what’s going on right now. As silly as it may sound to some, it’s about my cat. I found Osiris ten years ago in the engine compartment of subaru. He was a tiny kitten, goopey-eyed and fiesty. I was in a really abusive relationship at the time and brought him home into that. I’ve always been really protective of him and we eventually both got out of that situation. He got me through it. Now back May, I noticed he was a little lethargic and had my current fiancé Theresa take him to work since she’s a registered veterinary technician. Blood was drawn and the next day we found out his kidney values were really bad. We immediately switched him onto a special kidney diet and gave him subcutaneous fluids every day. As time went by, he became more finicky and a few weeks ago, he stopped eating completely. Since then, we’ve been force feeding him around 80ml of wet food daily, hoping between this and his fluids, his values would improve and he would start eating again since he would need 180ml daily to maintain weight. We even added a phosphate binder to the regiment. It didn’t work.. He lost a lot of weight and is pretty much just sleeping most of the day now. At that point I knew the end was coming no matter what and hid all photos I have of him to keep myself sane. Theresa took him in again yesterday for more bloodwork and it came back today. His kidney values had improved a little, but now he has a liver issue that makes everything probably a moot point now. I made it clear a few months ago to Theresa that I don’t want Osiris to suffer and I feel like he’s at that point. Theresa is a little in denial over this but came to accept the reality of things this morning. She’s going to make an appointment today for a vet to come to our home and send Osiris to a better home. We’re obviously in a lot of pain right now over this and Theresa feels like she’s giving up on him somehow. As for me, I’m a high school custodian doing final touches on summer cleaning. This is the only time of the year where we go off an doing our own thing for the full shift. But I feel like I can’t do anything. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to go home. I honestly should’ve stayed home today but that place has become my personal hell lately. I’ve lost family before but I wasn’t as close to them as I was to my little furball.

E9B04D3C-C4BE-4AF6-8032-B85E2E05FC6D.jpeg

Beautiful Kitty. Praying for peace and comfort.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please pray for my daughter, Sunday she had stomach pains and said she felt nauseous, but at 4 she can’t alway describe pains. Urgent care thought Uti, but after several doses of meds, she’s getting worse. We’re taking her to a pediatric er right now

Prayers sent!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Praying for peace and health for her as well as peace and clarity for you and your family.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
please pray for my daughter, Sunday she had stomach pains and said she felt nauseous, but at 4 she can’t alway describe pains. Urgent care thought Uti, but after several doses of meds, she’s getting worse. We’re taking her to a pediatric er right now
My guess would be ulcer or GI.

1601941341368.png

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts and well wishes. Hard to watch our little ones in pain.

PartyAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Praying for healing for your daughter, peace for your family, and wisdom for her doctors.

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praying for your daughters recovery and a speedy recovery.

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praying for healing for your daughter, peace for your family, and wisdom for her doctors.
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately we don’t have answers and don’t know when we will. Her pain was getting progressively worse over the past 24 hrs and come and goes. She woke up crying from the pain and said it hurts to even walk. But the dr told us emergency rooms are for emergencies, and this isn’t. She isn’t sick enough for urgent attention so they’ll see her when they can....

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately we don’t have answers and don’t know when we will. Her pain was getting progressively worse over the past 24 hrs and come and goes. She woke up crying from the pain and said it hurts to even walk. But the dr told us emergency rooms are for emergencies, and this isn’t. She isn’t sick enough for urgent attention so they’ll see her when they can....
Prayers for complete healing and comfort sent up.

KyleJ42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine had something similar. A pain he said he couldnt describe to me if he tried. All he knew was he could barely get up and walk, and the pain was unbearable. It ended up being his appendix. Idk if you’ve had anyone check that yet but its very similar to what my friend was feeling. Prayers for your daughter, and to finding out what the issue is.

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine had something similar. A pain he said he couldnt describe to me if he tried. All he knew was he could barely get up and walk, and the pain was unbearable. It ended up being his appendix. Idk if you’ve had anyone check that yet but its very similar to what my friend was feeling. Prayers for your daughter, and to finding out what the issue is.
That’s what we initially, my wife examined her belly and so did the dr, no extension or reaction. Ended up being a bad bladder infection. They gave her a ‘jump start’ of antibiotics.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back