Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband's sister died yesterday. She was unwell, but we didn't expect her to die so fast. Since we are not religious, I thought maybe I'd ask for prayers for her soul and for my husband who is very broken up. He took care of his sister all his life. This is why I'm taking off a couple of days.

As a wordsmith yourself you surely know the power words hold...well being able to have a delivery vessel for those words is what he needs now ... that is you religious or not

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband's sister died yesterday. She was unwell, but we didn't expect her to die so fast. Since we are not religious, I thought maybe I'd ask for prayers for her soul and for my husband who is very broken up. He took care of his sister all his life. This is why I'm taking off a couple of days.
May God comfort you and your brother as you mourn her passing. I pray He makes himself known to you during this time, and sends you His peace.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @steelwrap and my friend the Captain @Captain Quint. It's nice to know that there's someplace even a heretic like me can ask for prayers.
Heretic or not, we all need prayer sometimes! :)

Will certainly be praying for you!

It has been nice to see that this thread has been very positive and did not turn into a judgmental zone or debate!

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend killed herself last night at the age of 18. Four weeks before we graduate. Please keep her in your thoughts, it has torn our community at this news.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend killed herself last night at the age of 18. Four weeks before we graduate. Please keep her in your thoughts, it has torn our community at this news.

Sorry to hear about that. I had an a similar situation Almost a year ago today. Nothing can replace that void they left but It does get better with time. Hopefully they are finally at peace.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So young. A tragedy to be sure.

I hope you can find peace.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about that. I had an a similar situation Almost a year ago today. Nothing can replace that void they left but It does get better with time. Hopefully they are finally at peace.
Sadly same, a week from now a year ago another friend and my uncle both shot themselves, completely separate incidents. This time of year seems bad for this

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I will pray for all surrounding her and for her soul and that she is truly at peace. I'm sorry.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Bryce man I am so very sorry and words can't began to take that type of pain away. I will be praying that God will touch and heal all those effected.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Bryce M. I have been through this a couple of time with family and friends, I am sorry to read this. I will be praying for the family and yourself in this time of pain.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a fellow warrior brother Marine (yes, I was Navy but a squid of a different nature) contacted me a few days ago...his tank had gone downhill but much work on it lately to deter intense to the max PTSD therapy.

He lives in my neighborhood and I fish and dog sit for him and his wife a couple of weeks a year.

Anyway, he is a good reefer and man and knows his stuff. He asked how my tank was and if I had any BTA's for sale... (silly question...sale...NO) He just left my home with 3 healthy BTA on a 15-year-old piece of pest free, filled with pods, baby brittles, sponge and goodies LR to get on track. Did I like that piece? I did, but I love my brothers and sisters more.

I said all this to say please slow down, listen and help when possible because we can all put up a happy front sometimes when in fact we need the support. Please send positive vibes, thoughts, prayers...whatever you believe in for the brother who just left my house...he needs support.

I am a bit selfish though...if I take care of a tank for a couple of weeks or as today my charge is a 12 pack of Diet Mountain Dew. :)

Thank all of Y'all for taking time to read this rant/request.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a fellow warrior brother Marine (yes, I was Navy but a squid of a different nature) contacted me a few days ago...his tank had gone downhill but much work on it lately to deter intense to the max PTSD therapy.

He lives in my neighborhood and I fish and dog sit for him and his wife a couple of weeks a year.

Anyway, he is a good reefer and man and knows his stuff. He asked how my tank was and if I had any BTA's for sale... (silly question...sale...NO) He just left my home with 3 healthy BTA on a 15-year-old piece of pest free, filled with pods, baby brittles, sponge and goodies LR to get on track. Did I like that piece? I did, but I love my brothers and sisters more.

I said all this to say please slow down, listen and help when possible because we can all put up a happy front sometimes when in fact we need the support. Please send positive vibes, thoughts, prayers...whatever you believe in for the brother who just left my house...he needs support.

I am a bit selfish though...if I take care of a tank for a couple of weeks or as today my charge is a 12 pack of Diet Mountain Dew. :)

Thank all of Y'all for taking time to read this rant/request.

You and I need to talk about a program we are going to do at the LFS we are opening. Check out www.aquariums-by-design.com Link in the upper right hand corner.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0