OG Bounce Split help

Eugene6988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reef family. I am not new to the hobby and have been doing this a long time. However, I wanted to hear other people’s thought and advice on this matter. I have had this OG mother that has always naturally split without any issues, and on average, took a couple months to drop a baby and keep it moving, however, it has been about four months now that the baby is just hanging onto the mother and will not split off. My question is what would you suggest to help speed up the process? I do not want to put any cuts on her as I have never had any issues in the past. I moved the bounce to a more private secure box as you can see in the pictures, less flow, hoping that it would help with the split, but still no success. If you look it’s a full OG with a baby right at the mouth.

IMG_9075.jpeg IMG_9074.jpeg IMG_8218.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

My question is why do you want to speed up the process? If you want to sell it then I understand but if not just let it do it's thing! :)

OP
OP
Eugene6988

Eugene6988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!

My question is why do you want to speed up the process? If you want to sell it then I understand but if not just let it do it's thing! :)
Oh, absolutely no rush at all, I just figured it’s taking longer than it’s usual time so I would just help it out but definitely no rush. I always let them do their thing. Honestly all I did was glue a couple of old dead coral together like a mini stick and put it right next to the baby so hopefully she feels that there’s something above her and that it’s safe and they will go ahead and split off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.2%
Back