Oh goodness!

Newfish96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've recently taken on a tank thats been running for quite a while. Its been moved to my house and is currently cycling and has been for 3 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated! All my tests are coming back perfect! I'm trying to keep it up! What's your opinion?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've recently taken on a tank thats been running for quite a while. Its been moved to my house and is currently cycling and has been for 3 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated! All my tests are coming back perfect! I'm trying to keep it up! What's your opinion?

Welcome! Glad you joined. I also bought and relocated someone else's tank, so while I 'thought' that would speed up the process, my opinion is still treat it like a new tank. Keep doing what you are doing, add slow, but sounds like you are well on your way! Congrats!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, your going to find a vast of information here and many opinions.

Can you tell us how you took possession?
Did you save all the water, rock, sand, livestock?
Do you have a sump?
Did you keep everything "wet" when it moved to your house?
I find that if everything stayed wet in water the cycle will be at a minimum. Maybe 2 days. If it didn't stay wet, it will be longer.

If you have test kits the ammonia and nitrite will tell you if it's cycled.
API test kits are cheap and unreliable. Try to spend a little more in this area. Maybe you got test kits with the deal?

Anyway, welcome.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back