!!!OK....FIRE!!!! JUST THIS ONCE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morphing language as an attention seeking mechanism is definitely an interesting debate, and often annoying. As for the coral...

giphy.gif

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my bonfire. I’m not super proud of how mine looks compared to some others, but what the heck... and the cell phone shot doesn’t do this thing justice. I’ll say this... although I haven’t been able to pull out all the colors that I’ve seen in real life from other reefers, this is one of the hardiest acro’s that I’ve owned. I’m super embarrassed to admit this, but last year I was out on my driveway chiseling all my frags off rocks during a tank upgrade because I wanted to re-aquascape and attach them elsewhere. Well, I left the bonfire lying on the driveway for about 1.5 hours in 95 degree heat. Put it back in the new tank, it slimed a lot, but otherwise didn’t miss a beat!

3E890075-C33D-4BEE-A5C7-FF92C7441E1A.jpeg 9FA174B2-C41A-47F1-B2FE-820F3F68CA14.png

I think it looks awesome! I hope mine looks like that. Those tips are sexy!

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through a tank crash a couple months ago and lost half of my Acro's. The Bonfire made it through and is finally coloring back up. This is really becoming one of my favorite pieces. It has started to take off now and I cant wait to see the growth in a couple months.

IMG_4433.jpg

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubled in size over the last year. @Battlecorals What lighting did you have the piece in your photo growing under? Also, how much PAR would you say it was getting? I currently have it under a 50/50 mix(Aquablue special and Blue+) of ATI T5's and getting around 350-400 PAR. I cannot get it to show those colors like in your picture. It has always been aqua green with pink corallites. It does look really good either way though!
BC BONFIRE TABLE (1 of 1).JPG

BC BONFIRE TABLE CLOSEUP (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back