!!!OK....FIRE!!!! JUST THIS ONCE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Screenshot%202018-01-27%2012.31.42_zps2roi69z4.png

By no means at all do I intend to offend anyone, in any way here. I mean it. I'm a moron it comes to these things, so please bear with me. I'll just come right out and say it. When I hear people refer to coral, especially ones they deem "hot” looking as “fire,” or say things like “bringing the fire,” I'll confess it makes me cringe a little bit.

Now I’m sure it's just me being snarky and overly sensitive, but I really can't stand that one, and I don't need validation on this either. Totally content being alone in my contempt.

So believe me when I say it, this will be the very last time you’ll see "fire” in a thread title, or hear me mention the word “fire” at all with any regard to coral. So let's go.

FIRE FIRE FIRE away Bonfire table. It's a "cool" one...

IMG_0151-Edit-3_zpshatb9tnz.jpg

IMG_0151-Edit-2_zpswcszlksp.jpg

IMG_0151-Edit_zpsvat5ohcp.jpg

bonfirebash_zpsle83ktae.jpg

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it comes from the hobbyist who enjoy other recreational activities in which fire is used to descibe better than average product?

Very nice Acro!

Last edited:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Every time I see it on Facebook post I always think us reefers need to come up with something different to say.

But this coral you got there is straight fire! Lol

Last edited:

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks familiar. Where have I seen that one before? ;)

How do you feel about the word Bliss in a thread?

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im with you! I absolutely hate the term "fire"! From my understanding the term originated from one of the biggest scammers in the hobby which makes me dislike it even more..

Anyhow, beautiful acro!
I'm officially curious

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Im with you! I absolutely hate the term "fire"! From my understanding the term originated from one of the biggest scammers in the hobby which makes me dislike it even more..

Anyhow, beautiful acro!

Hey thanks Gary.

Glad I’m not the only one lol

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot%202018-01-27%2012.31.42_zps2roi69z4.png

By no means at all do I intend to offend anyone, in any way here. I mean it. I'm a moron it comes to these things, so please bear with me. I'll just come right out and say it. When I hear people refer to coral, especially ones they deem "hot” looking as “fire,” or say things like “bringing the fire,” I'll confess it makes me cringe a little bit.

Now I’m sure it's just me being snarky and overly sensitive, but I really can't stand that one, and I don't need validation on this either. Totally content being alone in my contempt.

So believe me when I say it, this will be the very last time you’ll see "fire” in a thread title, or hear me mention the word “fire” at all with any regard to coral. So let's go.

FIRE FIRE FIRE away Bonfire table. It's a "cool" one...

IMG_0151-Edit-3_zpshatb9tnz.jpg

IMG_0151-Edit-2_zpswcszlksp.jpg

IMG_0151-Edit_zpsvat5ohcp.jpg

bonfirebash_zpsle83ktae.jpg
This one looks so rock and flint!... get it? ;Cyclops *backs up slowly*

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it originated not far from where I am and was a term used to describe really killer weed.

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that using “fire” as a descriptor originated from particularly effective drugs. Or, more accurately, drug dealers trying to represent their products as better than they are. So when I hear people describing corals as fire, I think of a scum bag trying to sell a kid a bag of BS crappy drugs. Lol It does not inspire confidence. So I appreciate I’m not alone in my contempt.

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it comes from the hobbyist who enjoy other recreational activities in which fire is used to descibe better than average product?

Very nice Acro!
This guy knows what he's taking about... the word was never intended on this hobby lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back