Ok folks what is it!!??!!

Wait what kind of vinager, is it the white distilled?
 
I would remove all the water wipe everything down with clean rags or clothes and refill. Sorry
 
Sound like you cooked the Coralline algea

The weird thing is that the tank was actually very very clean when this happened.

The only thing I can think of is that I used a bucket to top it off with tap water that had some old tank water in it.... or salt residue.

My other tanks are fine btw and look beautiful. No such animal in them.
 
I would try using your RO as top up for a while see if it goes away, it looks like a sediment. I have see something close to that but it was from Fish Food specifically NLS in Canister filters would leave a Orange Redsih film on the filter pads. The globs look like Bacterial goop when one over Carbon doses, so maybe its a combination of both. Throw a bag of GAC in the sump, see if that helps. I assume the tank has no residents in it now?
 
I would start over that sucks.

Ya I'm gonna empty the tank etc... clean it and all that but I just want to know

WHAT IS IT ! [emoji23] [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
 
I would try using your RO as top up for a while see if it goes away, it looks like a sediment. I have see something close to that but it was from Fish Food specifically NLS in Canister filters would leave a Orange Redsih film on the filter pads. The globs look like Bacterial goop when one over Carbon doses, so maybe its a combination of both. Throw a bag of GAC in the sump, see if that helps. I assume the tank has no residents in it now?

No . No residents. No salt . No nothing actually.

Just water and vinegar. That's what's crazy!! [emoji12][emoji12]
 
Ya I'm gonna empty the tank etc... clean it and all that but I just want to know

WHAT IS IT ! [emoji23] [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
I know what it is...:cool:

Its something cool you need to send to @twilliard so he can look at it under the scope! :p
 
If you're heating it the acid could be eating away at something? Foam, pvc, silicone? The color looks similar to the writing on pvc?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new