Old reefer from Ohio---I'm back

Sorry, I'm in Brookpark, OH. Boy have things changed(for the better) in the 2 decades since I last had saltwater fish, last one was a Huma Huma Triggerfish that I bought at 1 inch long an lost 15 yrs later at 8 inches long durning a prolonged power outage. I remember going on vacations to Florida and collecting sand crabs from the beach and walking right onto the airplane with them(try that today).
The triggerfish loved to eat those sand crabs.
Metal Halide, what with the great LEDs nowadays(no chiller or large electric bill that came with them).

I figured that with as many posts I read here I better join.

And Thanks it's good to be here.
 
Last edited:
Welcome!!! Old school, new school... reef tanks are always schooling us. Happy you are back in the hobby and looking forward to your participation.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! I’m old school too,like a lot of us are,like stainless steel hoods & slate bottomed tanks old school, but, us old schoolers stay up with the times
 
Welcome. It’s always cool to hear people come back to the hobby. It’s

1572918552194.gif
l
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new