Old style GHL doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I was wondering if the old “black” doser can be controlled by a P4 & give the same functionalities as a 2.1 doser? Do the old ones also have stepper motors?

cheers

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's wait for the GHL experts response, but I'm afraid the answer is no. For instance, you can not use the "old" black dosers to respond to the alkalinity modulation by the KH Director. The same will happen with respect to the control of calcium, magnessium and potassium by the Ion Director. That's one of its drawbacks. In addition to the Director and the doser needed for monitoring you need an additional doser for controlling.

€ + € + € (or $ + $ + $)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the gen 1 SLAVE doser will work with the P4.
Since it is NOT a PAB-device, the initial setup steps will be different from the current dosers.

NOTE: Gen 1 dosers can dose a small at 1ml at a time and is NOT suitable for use with KHD or IOND or where 0.1ml accuracy is needed.

Option #1 :(In GCC)
1. Connect this doser to the (RED) S-port, either S1-S4 or S5-S8
2. Go to the Switch channels page and enable the S-port where you just connected the doser to.

(Example)
1578595320926.png

3. Click "Program digital powerbar or dosing pump", select the numbering of dosing pump station, and
choose the starting socket number where the dosing schedules will be assigned to.
For example, if your first powerbar is assigned to sockets 1-6, set the dosing pump to begin at socket 7.
1578596016088.png

4. Click Next, then Program Now.

Option #2 : (P4 Touch keys)
2. Go to System --> Digi.powerbars and enable the port where the doser is connected to
3. Select Set numbering and choose the starting socket number where the dosing schedules will be assigned to.
For example, if your first powerbar is assigned to sockets 1-6, set the dosing pump to begin at socket 7.

In GHL Connect app or GCC do this...
1. Go to switch channels page and select the socket where the dosing pump was assigned. Set this function to Dosing pump.
2. Repeat step 1 for pump 2,3 and 4.
3. Go to each dosing pump channel and create your dosing schedule.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the gen 1 doser will work with the P4.
Since it is NOT a PAB-device, the initial setup steps will be different from the current dosers.

NOTE: Gen 1 dosers can dose a small at 1ml at a time and is NOT suitable for use with KHD or IOND or where 0.1ml accuracy is needed.

Option #1 :(In GCC)
2. Go to the Switch channels page and enable the S-port where you just connected the doser to.

(Example)
1578595320926.png

3. Click "Program digital powerbar or dosing pump", select the numbering of dosing pump station, and
choose the starting socket number where the dosing schedules will be assigned to.
1578596016088.png

4. Click Next, then Program Now.

Option #2 : (P4 Touch keys)
2. Go to System --> Digi.powerbars and enable the port where the doser is connected to
3. Select Set numbering and choose the starting socket number where the dosing schedules will be assigned to.

In GHL Connect app or GCC do this...
1. Go to switch channels page and select the socket where the dosing pump was assigned. Set this function to Dosing pump.
2. Repeat step 1 for pump 2,3 and 4.
3. Go to each dosing pump channel and create your dosing schedule. [/hash]

Hi Vinny. Does that mean that I can use an old "black" doser to control alkalinity with a KH Director or calcium with the Ion Director?

Sorry, the answer is already in your response

Thanks

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You very much! I don’t know if I should grab one. There is one for sale localy very cheap ($50), and thought about buying it instead of a 2.1. Will it also display remaining fluid levels in the dosing containers?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why 0.1ml accuracy is needed for IOND?
Dosers are just used to put sensor inside liquid
No reagent.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA - is the tubing and dosing heads on the Doser v1 the same as Doser v2 (not 2.1)? Do all 3 dosers share the same replacement tube?

I need to replace the tubing on an older v1 doser I have lying around.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought the doser and it works. If anyone else ever does this, be advised that the doser is fixed to switch channel 1-4 or 5-8, so you have to reprogram your whole profilux unit if you have a PAB powerbar, so it doesn’t interfere with the doser. So if you had the PAB powerbar on 1-6, you have to move it away from there and go redo the Switch channel setup and programming accordingly. Not sure why you can’t assign the sports to specific switch channels, but that’s how it is.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought the doser and it works. If anyone else ever does this, be advised that the doser is fixed to switch channel 1-4 or 5-8, so you have to reprogram your whole profilux unit if you have a PAB powerbar, so it doesn’t interfere with the doser. So if you had the PAB powerbar on 1-6, you have to move it away from there and go redo the Switch channel setup and programming accordingly. Not sure why you can’t assign the sports to specific switch channels, but that’s how it is.
I found the same thing the hard way - I guess thats why the outputs are labelled S1-4 and S5-8 (so "standard Practice" would be to make anything PAB start from 9 upwards).

OP
OP
LC8Sumi

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the same thing the hard way - I guess thats why the outputs are labelled S1-4 and S5-8 (so "standard Practice" would be to make anything PAB start from 9 upwards).
Yeah, I was lucky because I figured what's wrong in about 5 minutes, then half an hour later all was good (repograrammed), but I can see that someone not as IT oriented will get lost.
On the other hand, it's not just the doser, if the PAB pbar is on 1-6, then basicly you lose the 1-6 s-ports as well, as my wild guess is that those are hardwired to switch channel 1-8 (and thus mirrors the behaviour). So even though you're only switching your PAB pbar, it does indeed switch the corresponding s-port as well if you like it or not. That means combining a PAB and an s-port driven, old style pbar will also have the same behaviour.

I agree that the PAB device(s?) should begin at a higher numbering by default, 9+ on the p4. Or at least the behaviour should be popped up as a warning when you add a PAB device.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA - is the tubing and dosing heads on the Doser v1 the same as Doser v2 (not 2.1)? Do all 3 dosers share the same replacement tube?

I need to replace the tubing on an older v1 doser I have lying around.

Thanks in advance

Yes they are the same.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

• Other.

Back