Oldude Reef Pix

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I've said before, love pictures of this tank! If this tank were at my house, I would never get anything done! Excellent work.

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I've said before, love pictures of this tank! If this tank were at my house, I would never get anything done! Excellent work.
Thank you. My wife thinks I don't get much done - I often get lost for hours at a time in the fish room, etc.

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I took my large green polyp toadstool out of the display and put into the 130 gal in the fish room so I could make way for an XL elegance. The clowns quickly adapted from living in the toadstool to moving into their new home but what I found interesting is one of my neon cleaner gobies has taken up a spot in it as well. I had no idea they also liked to host with corals.

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question Greg: what's the first picture in post #139? I have a frag off a coral that looks like this one. The guy I acquired it from couldn't remember what it was called.

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question Greg: what's the first picture in post #139? I have a frag off a coral that looks like this one. The guy I acquired it from couldn't remember what it was called.
I believe it is a variety of acropora nasuta and my specimen was originally collected in Fiji.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few that match that description. Which post # is it?

This beauty. Was this like right when the lights went on or something? Crazy extension on it.

sungodmille_zpsd0a14ccd.jpg

OP
OP
Oldude

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one has changed a lot - it now looks like this. Polyp extension is even more extreme and to me kind of look like fur or something. The polyps are like this all the time - you can see how the flow hits it and exposes the yellowish corallites.
SGmille2_zpsd8a277e0.jpg

Last edited:

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one has changed a lot - it now looks like this. Polyp extension is even more extreme and to me kind of look like fur or something. The polyps are like this all the time - you can see how the flow hits it and exposes the yellowish corallites.
SGmille2_zpsd8a277e0.jpg

Any idea what it is? Wish I could get a drag from you, but I'm sure it's a total pain since you're in Canada.

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that it gives a better flow pattern for my tank than the reef crest. What mode do you use?

I just added an mp40QD last night to my mp10 in a 65gal tall. I changed my overnight to lagoon now instead of constant. During the day I'm running reef crest and nutrient export from about 7p to 11p. Im just starting, tank going for 3 months now after cycle. So what do I know. ;)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 63 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back