One clown possibly bullying the other help

Mattc123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. So I'm having some problems with my clowns or rather one of them. I've had them almost 4 months now and I've never had such an issue with fighting/pecking. My white one has always submitted to the black one and done the little clown shake/shimmy to submit and that's it. Recently though I found them on separate sides of the tank (90 gallon) from one another at night (about last week) and today the black one seemed to be pretty agressively attacking/bullying the white one. I've attached some pictures of them and their size, and the good and bad side of the white one with the bad side being the the last picture where it seems his fin might be missing a bit but I'm not sure. Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks!

39C283D8-FC2F-4DDD-958A-8E283B3CD83E.jpeg 883B8448-D13D-4DCC-BA2F-3EC3C81AF7C4.jpeg 9C9F2C1E-796A-4C93-A320-F4ECC882FB67.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any damage but the behavior is suspicious and sounds like Mate rejection.

Many years ago my 1st wife listened to her mother and she left me. As difficult as that was for me to comprehend eventually it became apparent that my selection of my wife was not acceptable to her mother and eventually we separated.

You chose 2 fish to pair up and someone’s mother may be messing around with your selection. Keep an eye out for future behavior and if they are no longer friends then you’ll have to separate them to prevent murder, imo.

If you try to partner up clowns it is easier to get them together if they are the same hybrid and they do the same dance steps.

I never learned to dance like my exmotherinlaw wanted me to so the relationship was doomed before I new it.
Mothers Day Mom GIF

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back