One spot foxfish.

Ghost463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey again all!! So i am alittle worried about my one spot. He seems to be hanging on to the rocks. Still breathing and fairly alert. Just hanging out but leaning on the stone.
Is this a normal behaviour? I see online they tend to be timid so i hope this is just that. Everything else looks great and my levels are all in the green. Tested just this morn.
Note he is less then a week in that tank.
Edit. He was swimming freely this afternoon

15370631917442226438091003445814.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will often tuck themselves away, assuming a "camouflage" pattern. I'm not in love with the white patchiness above his eyes, so better photos (when he's feeling up to it and the light is good) might help a lot if there's any diagnosing to be done.

~Bruce, who can nudge this thread to the "Fish Disease" forum if you'd like

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface goes to bed at night. He puts on his camo colors, and lays on the sand by the rock. In the morning he comes out in full color and eats breakfast with the rest of the tank and hangs out all day. I've had him for about 5 weeks. He did the same in QT.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be weird. I wouldnt worry too much, just keep an eye on it for symptoms of disease.

Great fish, I love mine.

OP
OP
Ghost463

Ghost463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned out my dat cycles were to long. She was just resting out.
She is doing great now and thriving! Thanks all.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be weird. I wouldnt worry too much, just keep an eye on it for symptoms of disease.

Great fish, I love mine.

Agreed before my CB (Coral Beauty) and Foxface agreed to share a cave together I would find mine doing all kinds of weird things. A couple of nights it actually slept out in the open in my tank and would stand up at an angle on it's tail near the corner of the tank. One of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

OP
OP
Ghost463

Ghost463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed before my CB (Coral Beauty) and Foxface agreed to share a cave together I would find mine doing all kinds of weird things. A couple of nights it actually slept out in the open in my tank and would stand up at an angle on it's tail near the corner of the tank. One of the weirdest things I have ever seen.
Mine has grown pretty close to my new peel angle. Kinda funny to see 2 bright yellow fish follow one another.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back