ONE thing I'll do to be a better reefer in 2021..

Will you set personal reefing goals and resolutions for 2021?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 54 69.2%
  • NO

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A New Year usually means some new resolutions and new goals. But what about as a saltwater reef aquarium hobbyist? What have you learned that you want to be better at in 2021? Let's talk about that!

What's ONE thing you can improve on to be a better reefer in 2021?

bigstock-Happy-New-Year----Written--392579444.jpg

skipol5665

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made the mistake of not putting every new fish in copper for 14 days prior to putting them in my display tank. I had an achilles tang in my QT for 14 that showed no signs of Ich, but after he was in the DT he got sick quick which in turn made the rest of my fish sick. I am still fighting thru cleaning out all my fish and DT. What a pain in the rear. That is my resolution for 2021

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Administering my two systems is just too hands-on. I need to do two things that may seem at odds, but should not be:
a) automate
b) simplify

I just have too many things that need to be adjusted or maintained frequently. That has been fine during C19, but at some point (late Summer?) the road will be calling.

Examples:
a) Recirculating CO2 scrubber reactor has to be purged of water. (Add an interim reservoir)
b) The CaRx accumulates microbubbles and has to be purged. (APEX Driven solenoid on a schedule)
c) Skimmer (Neck cleaner and skimmate locker)
d) Socks (Fleece roller mat)
e) Feeding (Avast Plank)
f) More/better optical sensors
g) Tank/sump remote camera

I'll still have someone stop by and do a check and a frozen feeding. Just too many little things are wrong every time I come back and I am a little too anxious each time.

cryptodendrum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been really focused on what I define as Sustainable Reefing for about 15 years now. Sustainable ecosystems in my tanks, sustainable on my budget, sustainable on my life and sustainable towards our global environment.

I don't think I can totally expect to make the investment in 2021, but hope I can get enough saved up to lay down the cash to go completely solar for our home and my hobby by 2022.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 19.23.12.png

frank1203

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. My goal is to watch the nutrients more closely so I can avoid nuisance algae and future problems. Also to keep up with my water changes.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.. I will strive to be more committed to the regular schedule maintenance of my reef tank and fish only and frag tank.... I could be better at not letting some of this slip...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back