OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will buy or do anything to fix this. I’m just out of ideas still not out of money. Yet!

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates 2
Phos .03
60 gal cube
Flow 3: mp10s 40%reef crest
So your nitrates same as mine but my phosphates are much higher. I have always struggled with phosphates and never really been under .18 My flow is about the same

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally bought 2 g5 cause I thought my home made leds was the cause. 1800$ later same issues. I bought trident and dose because I thought my alk swing was to much causing this. 1000$ later same issues.

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done so much research on mp40 pumps being used in 120 gallon tanks. I’ve gone between all the modes and second on sync and anti sync. Weeks go by no change. I’ve experimented with % of flow all way from 60% down to now 15% and still same exact issue no chan at all. I have sent in icp test and came back good no metals or any contaminants phosphates was little high was recommended to use gfo

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gunna go jump in the pool and hope some expert maybe can chime in while I take a break from reasearching this. But with all Ive done I’m almost at the lost cause point

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Willing to pay someone to come to my house in Chicago if that was even possible but I know it’s not

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even have coco worms in my tank for over a year now and I was told they don’t live long and most people can’t keep them alive in captivity

image.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any soft corals in the system?

Any fish that like to nip chalice? I recently tried a "reef-safe" butterfly that caused my lps some serious retraction inside of two days

I've never been to Chicago but will be in Iowa next weekend.

Reef Keeping law#10. If you don't give a rip about the coco worms they will thrive. Only things we attach value too are vulnerable to instant failure.

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any soft corals in the system?

Any fish that like to nip chalice? I recently tried a "reef-safe" butterfly that caused my lps some serious retraction inside of two days

I've never been to Chicago but will be in Iowa next weekend.

Reef Keeping law#10. If you don't give a rip about the coco worms they will thrive. Only things we attach value too are vulnerable to instant failure.
Yes I have soft corals. Few recordia,Duncan’s,couple toadstools,2different leathers, bunch different mushrooms.
No fish that nip corals only have pair of clowns, blue tang, yellow tang, chevron tang, pair of mandarin, yashi goby and pistol pair, crabs and snails
And of coarse the corals I care for most I can’t keep

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I have soft corals. Few recordia,Duncan’s,couple toadstools,2different leathers, bunch different mushrooms.
No fish that nip corals only have pair of clowns, blue tang, yellow tang, chevron tang, pair of mandarin, yashi goby and pistol pair, crabs and snails
And of coarse the corals I care for most I can’t keep
I have 1-2 nitrates and 0.19 phosphates. My chalice is under 40 par with low to medium flow. It is doing well and growing fast! I honestly don’t know what’s the problem with yours. Sorry, I couldn’t help you :(

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the reason I asked about soft coral is because I am wondering if the softies are doing chemical warfare damage to your chalices? I can't prove it either way, but a polyfilter or GAC filtration might improve chalice health if it is chemical warfare related?

I presume there isn't any nearby coral that are sending out sweepers at night to do the damage you have on the chalices?

GL! I hope you figure this out.

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I want to point out is my glass never gets dirty. I go a month or more between glass cleanings. Seems very strange to me because 6 months ago I would have to clean it every 2-5 days or could not see threw it

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 189 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 33 8.9%
Back