Open brain rescue...

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdubs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tdubs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2025
Messages
65
Reaction score
57
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0312e2aa-41d6-4182-8ded-fddb82e54a7b.jpg
84883aa3-5fac-4d2c-afc6-fa169bbd8bb3.jpg
I found this at the LFS badly neglected, its twin brother was already beginning to rot with bare skeleton. I bought it cheap and have been trying to nurse it back to health. It went from stark white, to teal-green... But is now developing some spots. I think this is zzox/ pigment returning. Can anyone confirm if these darker spots is pigment returning, or something else going on..? I have hadbit now for about 5 months
 
0312e2aa-41d6-4182-8ded-fddb82e54a7b.jpg
84883aa3-5fac-4d2c-afc6-fa169bbd8bb3.jpg
I found this at the LFS badly neglected, its twin brother was already beginning to rot with bare skeleton. I bought it cheap and have been trying to nurse it back to health. It went from stark white, to teal-green... But is now developing some spots. I think this is zzox/ pigment returning. Can anyone confirm if these darker spots is pigment returning, or something else going on..? I have hadbit now for about 5 months
#reefsquad anyone got any thoughts?
 
Hard to tell in the heavy blue of the picture but it does appear to be gaining pigment in those locations. Almost looks like reds and yellows are starting to show through the green some.
 
To me they still look like reds coming out in the coral. It's happy and puffy and starting to reveal its true colors to you.
 
To me they still look like reds coming out in the coral. It's happy and puffy and starting to reveal its true colors to you.
Thanks! I am excited find out how it turns out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new