Opinions on aquascape?

Marty13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 125 gallon and this is what I have so far for aquascape, opinions and suggestions appreciated.
20200528_141343.jpg

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the arches and caves. My only thought would be it all looks about the same height, you might want to make one side higher than the other. I wondering if you took some rock out of that middle structure and added to the left side.

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks goods, I would suggest the smaller front cave on the right gets moved and maybe on top of the left one as suggested? At the end of the day, its yours and you get to look at it alllllll the time. Just make sure you love it!!

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would chisel out or drill a couple holes for good frag placement. After it's too late it's hard to do anything without reaquascaping. I know from first hand experience

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like what you have, leave it be for several days, dont look at it and dont think about it at all. Come back to it after that time, and look. Odds are there will be things that you dont like and want to change. Getting scape that you really like and that is functional can take week(s) to accomplish.

Also, arches. For some reason everyone that aquascapes for the 1st time always goes for arches ( I did this myself lol) but they are very unnatural. You wont find arches in wild. You will find caves, crevices, rocks on top of rocks, lots of hiding spaces for fish. Arches dont do any of that.

Finally, once you put corals in there, you wont even be able to see what your scape looks like, so build what is functional for fish and corals you plan to have.

Back