ORA Mandarin

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the video says it is 2 years old, but i'm just seeing this so sorry if this is like ancient news...

[video=youtube;aZEGItO4zZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZEGItO4zZU&feature=related[/video]

WOW. As someone who has always known mandarins to be notoriously hard to acclimate to frozens...this video is stunning.

Anyone know any more about this video and the likelyhood of mandarins to act as such? I've been reading thru some threads and it still seems like many have problems feeding their mandarins (even if from ORA as a recent thread has popped up here on R2R).

Even if they are still hard to feed....WHAT is UP with this video?? Crazy!

As a weird side note...does anyone think that this feeding behavior may be caused by the "brick" of food as opposed to dispersing the food with a pipette? I've noticed this same phenomena with sea turtles.

rebel souljah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just want to share my experience...My ORA mandarin died and My wild caught Mandarin still lives and both ate OVA. I purchased them the same day about 6 months ago

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bad luck with an ORA spotted mandarin. It fell victim to my anemone. It just did not seem to do well in my reef tank and spooked easily. Then, I got a wild caught mandarin that I taught to eat frozen directly from a turkey baster. That one did really well in my tank.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their track record of eating prepared foods in our tanks is really no better than a wild caught ones.

Granted, they aren't being taken from the wild, so that is a great thing. However, they should still be treated as if they were wild caught -- as far as feeding goes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back