Orange glass tank??

Abominable Snow Crab

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2026
Messages
82
Reaction score
116
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im more of a natural looking tank guy but I have noticed a lot of hobbyists are very coral focused to the point they may not even have fish in their reef at all. It got me wondering if anyone has ever tried a aquarium with orange glass (same as the coral viewing glasses) to make their corals pop. Crazy idea I guess lol. Definitely not my cup of tea but might be cool for others.
 
Im more of a natural looking tank guy but I have noticed a lot of hobbyists are very coral focused to the point they may not even have fish in their reef at all. It got me wondering if anyone has ever tried a aquarium with orange glass (same as the coral viewing glasses) to make their corals pop. Crazy idea I guess lol. Definitely not my cup of tea but might be cool for others.
The orange doesn't really make the corals pop, it makes it easier to take pictures with the blue light on which captures the pop.

There was a thread on here about a year or year and a half ago where the reefer was looking to add an orange filter to the front of his tank. I don't know that he ever got what he was looking for but it was a little discussion around this. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.
 
We put an orange film at the public aquarium i work at for one of the coral tanks
 
Or, wild idea, use white light. lol

Im Crazy Lethal Weapon GIF by Chris Cimino
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new