Orange spotted blenny?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Reefers!

I have a live rock heavy zoa garden tank with a ~2ft x1.5ft footprint and I'm considering adding some more fish.

I presently have a high fin goby and pair of pistol shrimp. I'm interested in potentially adding a Tanaka's possum wrasse and a orange spotted blenny.

Thoughts?

I know that the blenny may outgrow the tank at some point, but there is a 2" specimen available locally and I thought it might be worth a shot. Tank has tons of pods and established microalgae.

I had been thinking of the orange spotted as being like a tailspot blenny, but I see they are in a different genus. Is it reasonable to think of this fish as a larger version of the tailspot? I would add a tailspot, but I have one in another tank and I'd like to change it up a bit.

What do you guys think? Any issues here?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
They may not be safe aroundd zoa as they will perch on it, eat off of them as food lands on zoa otherwiise peaceful getting an easy 4" in length

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may not be safe aroundd zoa as they will perch on it, eat off of them as food lands on zoa otherwiise peaceful getting an easy 4" in length
Ah I hadn't thought about the perching being an issue.

My tailspot has his favorite two places to perch. I wonder if I could just sort of relinquish certain spots as perching locations and let him have those to himself without corals...

Maybe I could put in a few empty barnacles or something?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ah I hadn't thought about the perching being an issue.

My tailspot has his favorite two places to perch. I wonder if I could just sort of relinquish certain spots as perching locations and let him have those to himself without corals...

Maybe I could put in a few empty barnacles or something?
Would be a gamble

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back