Orbit Marine LED reviews?

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Pro on a 29g reef tank. So far it's grown my RBTA, softies, and LPS. It is definitely not the brightest light on the market but it's good if you're on a budget. Also my power goes out all the time and I have not lost my settings.

OP
OP
s550

s550

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wanting to do a softy coral tank. Honestly the corals are not what fascinate me as much as the symbiotic relationship between the fish and other tank mates. Soft corals seem to be the easiest to take care of and satisfy my desire coral wise. That's why I am considering this light, I don't foresee my lighting demands being very high.
2a9f8c44f6d7a28fe5c46b21e1bbb885.jpg

and great picture I love how the main bulk of the rock is lifted! Really gives it a cave entrance like look! might have to steal it!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wanting to do a softy coral tank. Honestly the corals are not what fascinate me as much as the symbiotic relationship between the fish and other tank mates. Soft corals seem to be the easiest to take care of and satisfy my desire coral wise. That's why I am considering this light, I don't foresee my lighting demands being very high.

and great picture I love how the main bulk of the rock is lifted! Really gives it a cave entrance like look! might have to steal it!

Wow. Great answer.

Def a good starter light. Easy to up grade and supplement later. With just a little more light you can get easy nems and larger easy leathers. Fish host em and live under them. It's neat.

ReeferDave01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have orbit Marine pro 72". Been using it for a year and love it. Manufacturer site has details on light spectrum par etc. I keep mine on 10 hrs a day. I also supplement with four high output t5's that I run for 2 hrs a day noon - 2pm. My next step is to get par meter to fine tune lights

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the a Orbit Marine IC for one weekend and the was not very impressed with Loop. Add in the fact I knew I needed a second light and you could not but another just IC light only without Loop so I returned it. I did keep my Eflux DC pump and got that set up tonight and so far so good! It is quite and it is moving water like a champ. Not sure what my plan on trying to use a controller to control it but will figure that out later in the game. If I have to, I will hack it one way or another.

CoralWhisperer88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights are trash have had 3 friends buy them use them a few months polyps stretch terribly the spectrum is terrible produces algea get 3 ai prime hd cost more but great light my reef is all ai and maxspect lights u get what u pay for in this hobby

Crimsonphoenix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the orbit marine lights on my 36 mixed reef. It was fine for the fish and I liked the ramping and moonlight and storm features, BUT my lps corals went downhill. I switched to a Kessil 360 tuna blue and haven’t looked back.

BrianNRoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Pro on a 29g reef tank. So far it's grown my RBTA, softies, and LPS. It is definitely not the brightest light on the market but it's good if you're on a budget. Also my power goes out all the time and I have not lost my settings.
What are your settings. I just got this light. I have a hammer coral. An ACAN. A couple zoanthids. A candy cane. A blasto. A couple mushrooms. A Kenya Tree. A toadstool leather. And a GSP

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back