Order Communication

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, how far out are you shipping? Are you still in the 4 - 6 week range?

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% of orders are shipping in 6 weeks or less. This number improves daily. If you have an order currently placed please email us at [email protected] for a more exact update on your order's status. Thx!

joshaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am order #6385, placed 9/17. Cut outs confirmed and order went into “processing” 10/24. I wrote asking about an expected ship date on 10/29 and have not received a response. Trying to be patient but a little bit of communication goes a long way.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am order #6385, placed 9/17. Cut outs confirmed and order went into “processing” 10/24. I wrote asking about an expected ship date on 10/29 and have not received a response. Trying to be patient but a little bit of communication goes a long way.

Hi Joshua, your lid is on the cut schedule for tomorrow. It will ship this week.

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is the place to check on orders. My order number is 6484, actually ordered on 10/27, because it took 2 weeks for me to get a reply. You said you were going to date the order the 11th. Any updates yet? Going on 4 weeks. Thanks

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I ordered a lid on 9/27. I have sent emails and called, to no avail. I would really like some feedback on shipping, please. It is over 6 weeks, and my patience is honestly running a little thin due to the lack of communication. At this juncture, it past the point in which I was led to believe I would have the product, and I am still in the dark. I am reaching out here as one last effort. Order # AAIC 6412 @ArtFully Acrylic

Last edited:

Evan Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not one word on the lid in like 50 days. This is bad, bad business. They do not respond to emails, nor voicemails. I think I only have 60 days to dispute, I do not want to do that I just want my lid; but they will not even send me an email!

Last edited:

joshaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD546179-61B0-49DD-827D-1E815E892F6A.jpeg
C7D5C513-A963-41FF-A1C6-4EC08E106281.jpeg
002D13BF-F9F4-4F8F-981D-74B0D63FC2F7.jpeg
Did you ever get your lid? @Shadowspop and @joshaqua
Sorry I just saw this. I got my lid last Wednesday for a Reefer 450. I put it on the tank and while it fit, there is a 1/2” gap between my overflow and the lid on the left, and 1/4” gap between my overflow and the lid on the right. The front has about a 1/4” gap toward the middle due to sagging, but I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. I wrote them to tell them all this on 11/15, the same day it was delivered, but I haven’t heard back yet.

I literally lost a new Lubbocks wrasse on the floor Sunday morning. Only place could have been through that gap (which I should have secured, I just figured it would be OK for a couple of days). Got home from work and the fish was still wet, probably only missed it by 15 minutes.

The lid otherwise looks OK. For a product that requires the utmost precision, they failed in that regard and I am extremely disappointed with their customer service (or lack thereof). I would be otherwise be very happy with it.

@ArtFully Acrylic are you out there???

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry I just saw this. I got my lid last Wednesday for a Reefer 450. I put it on the tank and while it fit, there is a 1/2” gap between my overflow and the lid on the left, and 1/4” gap between my overflow and the lid on the right. The front has about a 1/4” gap toward the middle due to sagging, but I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. I wrote them to tell them all this on 11/15, the same day it was delivered, but I haven’t heard back yet.

I literally lost a new Lubbocks wrasse on the floor Sunday morning. Only place could have been through that gap (which I should have secured, I just figured it would be OK for a couple of days). Got home from work and the fish was still wet, probably only missed it by 15 minutes.

The lid otherwise looks OK. For a product that requires the utmost precision, they failed in that regard and I am extremely disappointed with their customer service (or lack thereof). I would be otherwise be very happy with it.

I can hear the crickets chirping...no response. Kinda their thing.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Artfully Acrylic, im distressed by some of the member comments here. While its only been about 2 weeks since i ordered my lid for my Reefer 525XL, im getting worried that lack of communication or a poor fit, both noted in this thread, is in my future. Can you please comment on why so many seem frustrated by being in the dark? How do you plan to resolve this? Thanks.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This company and cadlights is definitely on my list of “places I’ll never order from.”

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Out of curiosity will you measure from left hand tank edge to overflow and the same for the right hand side and post measurements.

I find it easier to believe the overflow was not centered vs and item drawn in CAD and produced via CNC to be incorrect.

I have found this type of communication common among high end vendors. They are focused on building a quality product for the current customer, not sifting through hundreds of emails. They could hire someone full time for that and include the cost in your lid though. I'm glad they don't.

Order 6489 on 10/27...

joshaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity will you measure from left hand tank edge to overflow and the same for the right hand side and post measurements.

I find it easier to believe the overflow was not centered vs and item drawn in CAD and produced via CNC to be incorrect.

I have found this type of communication common among high end vendors. They are focused on building a quality product for the current customer, not sifting through hundreds of emails. They could hire someone full time for that and include the cost in your lid though. I'm glad they don't.

Order 6489 on 10/27...

I mentioned that to my wife last night: maybe RedSea didn't perfectly center the overflow... I find that hard to believe but it is a possibility. I will measure this afternoon when I get home from work.

Regardless, even if centered we're talking about a 3/4" gap total. That's more than I feel comfortable with on a premium precision product. They claimed they hired a full time person to answer emails, etc. but communication has not improved.

I am not an unreasonable person, I wasn't even going to post the problems with my lid until a week had gone by without a response. But I was asked on this thread if I ever received my lid and felt I owed the community a reply.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a possibility, my Reefer overflow isn't perfectly centered. Hand built production tank.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We hope that everyone has had a special and memorable Thanksgiving with their families. I'm pleased to report, with the exception of a handful of customers that we are waiting on customization details/confirmation from, that ALL orders are currently on or ahead of schedule with the oldest orders being 35-38 days old. We are on track to have the current queue fully cut and shipped down to 30 days this coming week which will be not only outstanding, but a first since we launched ClearView Lids in March of 2016.

It has been several weeks since I have posted here on the boards. Sadly, November has been a tough month for me and my family. Tragedy is tough anytime of the year, but it's even harder around times of the year where families and friends customarily come together for thanks and fellowship.

I've tried to minimize creating any hardships or issues where it applies to business and the service of our customers as I fully believe that our personal lives should not affect business. This can however be difficult when you have a small staff managing a heavy workload. I've helped my staff in continuing our responsibilities intermittently where I could and they've done a great job of picking up the slack and stepping up behind the scenes. Without their extra efforts and tireless hours I wouldn't be reporting us as being ahead of schedule at this time. My eternal gratitude to them both and to their families for allowing them to spend so much extra time working these last several weeks.

I've returned my focus to operations full time as of this past Tuesday, but have admittedly taken a while to garner enough strength to post this public update. To my knowledge, the couple issues posted here with delivered lids in the last few weeks have already been corrected. Please email us at [email protected] if there are any issues that have yet to be resolved. Thanks for your time. God Bless and Happy Holidays to everyone and their families...Family is a treasure not to be taken for granted.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is the place to check on orders. My order number is 6484, actually ordered on 10/27, because it took 2 weeks for me to get a reply. You said you were going to date the order the 11th. Any updates yet? Going on 4 weeks. Thanks

Shipped 11/22, tracking shows delivery for 11/28

Hi, I ordered a lid on 9/27. I have sent emails and called, to no avail. I would really like some feedback on shipping, please.

Shipped 11/16, delivered 11/20

I mentioned that to my wife last night: maybe RedSea didn't perfectly center the overflow... I find that hard to believe but it is a possibility. I will measure this afternoon when I get home from work.

Regardless, even if centered we're talking about a 3/4" gap total. That's more than I feel comfortable with on a premium precision product. They claimed they hired a full time person to answer emails, etc. but communication has not improved.

I am not an unreasonable person, I wasn't even going to post the problems with my lid until a week had gone by without a response. But I was asked on this thread if I ever received my lid and felt I owed the community a reply.

Spoke to your LFS owner when he called in this week. We are cutting and sending the requested overflow cover. Some tank manufacturers are better than others when it comes to centering the overflow in production. Red Sea is one of the most consistent on centering, but we have had a number of customers report 1/4" off center overflow and two reports of just under 3/8" off center. The overflow on the RSR tanks has been reported on average as 10 3/4 long and 3 7/8 wide. The opening size for the overflow on most all of our RSR lid models, particularly the larger models, is 11x4. This oversizing is there largely to compensate for this potential off center variable while still not interfering with removal of your overflow cover.

That said, the Red Sea overflow cover sits far enough below the glass edge that it isn't even necessary to go around the overflow in order to obtain clearance. We've even had a few lids for RSR's done this way after request. For a period, we inquired with customers offering the option to eliminate this cutout, but most opted to keep it. Personally, I think the lid looks 'cleaner' without the overflow cut out. It's also easier to screen. Couple these things with added fish loss potential, we will likely in the near future go over the overflow as a standard and make the the overflow cutout an add-on option.

Back