Order Communication

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order 6489 on 10/27...

Corey, we sent you an email 11/24 to verify that dims you provided for your Reef Savvy tank are internal and not external as you didn't state which. Your order also states you are awaiting confirmation from Reef Savvy as to the clearance of the shadow overflow being installed in the tank. In most Reef Savvy lids we've done the overflow is flush to the top of the tank. That said, it's a custom tank, so I'm sure Felix would oblige if someone wanted it lower. ClearView lids only need 1/4" clearance to go over the overflow. Felix does amazingly accurate work. They are the only builder that we will confidently build lids for where customer doesn't yet have tank present for measurement. Never had provided dims, overflow centering, etc be off quoted spec.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found this type of communication common among high end vendors. They are focused on building a quality product for the current customer, not sifting through hundreds of emails. They could hire someone full time for that and include the cost in your lid though. I'm glad they don't.

You are correct that the quality of our product (and trying to keep within projected lead times) is our primary goal. We did however hire someone a couple months ago to do exclusively office work and it's indeed a full time job and then some. She answers emails on status updates and website inquiries where she can, but must wait for me to answer her in cases where the answer isn't clearly obvious (i.e. if they aren't already slated for a specific day/sheet to be cut on the CNC). Her main responsibility is to verify data provided by customers and ensure we have everything we need to program and cut the lids. This part of the process can take A LOT longer than many would think sometimes. Some orders have all we need provided at time of placement and move right on to programming when we are ready for that stage. Some orders have email chains 15-25 emails long to get to this point. These particularly add to admin time from the programming side as many custom cutout details may be spread through these longer email chains and we don't want to miss anything.

She has also been trained to perform a certain level of programming on simpler lids for branded and custom tanks, but add'l programming, toolpathing, and setup accuracy checks/email scrubbing are still required by me since CAD design and programming are new skills for her. These add'l tasks generally take me just as long to come behind and complete before finalizing for cutting.

She's smart however so this time investment will reap more and more dividends as she grows with us and as we refine our ordering process. As part of this, she is also documenting the patterns of often requested/often missed data so we can refine our website making it easier and more transparent for customer's and more likely for them to provide all needed info at time of order.

joshaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipped 11/22, tracking shows delivery for 11/28

Shipped 11/16, delivered 11/20

Spoke to your LFS owner when he called in this week. We are cutting and sending the requested overflow cover. Some tank manufacturers are better than others when it comes to centering the overflow in production. Red Sea is one of the most consistent on centering, but we have had a number of customers report 1/4" off center overflow and two reports of just under 3/8" off center. The overflow on the RSR tanks has been reported on average as 10 3/4 long and 3 7/8 wide. The opening size for the overflow on most all of our RSR lid models, particularly the larger models, is 11x4. This oversizing is there largely to compensate for this potential off center variable while still not interfering with removal of your overflow cover.

That said, the Red Sea overflow cover sits far enough below the glass edge that it isn't even necessary to go around the overflow in order to obtain clearance. We've even had a few lids for RSR's done this way after request. For a period, we inquired with customers offering the option to eliminate this cutout, but most opted to keep it. Personally, I think the lid looks 'cleaner' without the overflow cut out. It's also easier to screen. Couple these things with added fish loss potential, we will likely in the near future go over the overflow as a standard and make the the overflow cutout an add-on option.

Thank you for the update. That all makes sense, and I appreciate the communication. I think the cover for the overflow cutout will work out well. Sorry for your loss -- I lost my father at the end of October so I know it can be painful this time of year.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my lid. The fit is excellent, quality appears excellent as well. Having said that, it seems like you guys may have grown a bit too fast. Customer service responses are frustratingly slow if at all. It was a miserable experience trying to communicate with Artfully Acrylic. Customer service is the heart of a business. For you, it seems to be the weak link. I cant recommend your products until that issue is addressed.

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my lid. The fit is excellent, quality appears excellent as well. Having said that, it seems like you guys may have grown a bit too fast. Customer service responses are frustratingly slow if at all. It was a miserable experience trying to communicate with Artfully Acrylic. Customer service is the heart of a business. For you, it seems to be the weak link. I cant recommend your products until that issue is addressed.
Agreed...100% for future reference, I don't think you'll ever find a customer who spends this kind of money on a lid and appreciates your answer of "put shims under my $1000 lights to make your lid fit properly".

joshaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh, your overflow cover is awaiting shipment as of Friday as alluded in email response. Thx.
For the record, I did receive the overflow cover. It took over three months from start to finish but at least now I have a working lid. Thank you.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to get an update about the order, please. Sent you an email, leaved two messages on the phone and sent you a PM here with no luck. Order placed 6 weeks ago. Thanks. @ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to get an update about the order, please. Sent you an email, leaved two messages on the phone and sent you a PM here with no luck. Order placed 6 weeks ago. Thanks. @ArtFully Acrylic

Hey Alexey, as discussed, your order is in production this week. Thanks!

Bjreef562

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
71F38142-5CA4-43AF-9049-2F06CB6686F3.jpeg
D4F89E5C-E88D-42A8-B036-0BF9CA511879.jpeg
62E6EBAF-AF8F-4487-BE59-E8E5B7287A96.jpeg
Left you guys a couple emails, but no replies but I see that your on the forum. My lid was cut incorrectly width is too short and my custom cutout for my auto feeder was cut in the wrong location and the gap between the over flow and the lid is so big I can stuff a coupl fingers in between them.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
throw them bows, yikes sorry about that happening to you. if i waited 4 months for that , i wouldnt be paying for anything . its sad to see so many people having issues with getting to someone respond to their problems , customer service should be be a priority. ill stop here as i cant type anything else that wont need to edited or deleted by the mods.lol

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
71F38142-5CA4-43AF-9049-2F06CB6686F3.jpeg
D4F89E5C-E88D-42A8-B036-0BF9CA511879.jpeg
62E6EBAF-AF8F-4487-BE59-E8E5B7287A96.jpeg
Left you guys a couple emails, but no replies but I see that your on the forum. My lid was cut incorrectly width is too short and my custom cutout for my auto feeder was cut in the wrong location and the gap between the over flow and the lid is so big I can stuff a coupl fingers in between them.

Hi Bjreef562, we certainly aren't intentionally avoiding anybody. We've located an email you sent on 12/27 that we missed (though that's the only one I see). We've replied to get some info from you so we can get you fixed up. Clearly, there is a problem with the library file used to process your order so we just need a bit of info from you so we can get a replacement going for you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back