Ordered new frags first time online

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some frags from Seattle Corals today. This is the first time I've ever order frags online, other then a couple of free frags, this is my first purchase. They have some beautiful looking corals at a decent price. I've heard about them through this forum also so I thought I'd give them a try.
This is what I got.

What do you guys think? Also my light is from the newest gen Evo 13.5g. Does anything think my light requirements won't work with what I have? Appreciate the feedback.,

20200521_032839[1].jpg 20200521_032707[1].jpg 20200521_032637[1].jpg 20200521_032648[1].jpg 20200521_032721[1].jpg

OP
OP
Plunder

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Orange Gorgonian is NON-photosynthetic meaning you will have to feed it everyday in order to keep it alive. other than that nice pick ups!

Thank you for the useful bit of information! I will be sure to pick up a small dropper to spot feed it.

OP
OP
Plunder

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Just received a order from them also ;) You will definitely want to upgrade your lighting asap.

Man, that looks amazing! Lots of colors well placed out. I was looking at upgrading to the AI Prime HD soon, but I also was waiting for BRS to get the DIY mesh top kits in stock, but they have been out.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little chance of your clown jumping, any other fish in there? You can get all the parts you need except white screen at lowes home centers.

OP
OP
Plunder

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little chance of your clown jumping, any other fish in there? You can get all the parts you need except white screen at lowes home centers.
I also have a firedart goby. I just ordered the AI Prime 16 HD and L bracket from amazon. I can't wait for it to get here.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Evo and upgraded the light for to AI Prime but I still use the light it came with on my coral QT tank, its been growing zoas, nepthea, blastos and duncans just fine for the last 8-9 months although most of them have coloured down from when I first got them. I think the shop light would be on for everything except maybe the montipora and the birdsnest (don't have experience with those). I doubt its optimal but I think it will work until you get your prime.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some frags from Seattle Corals today. This is the first time I've ever order frags online, other then a couple of free frags, this is my first purchase. They have some beautiful looking corals at a decent price. I've heard about them through this forum also so I thought I'd give them a try.
This is what I got.

What do you guys think? Also my light is from the newest gen Evo 13.5g. Does anything think my light requirements won't work with what I have? Appreciate the feedback.,

20200521_032839[1].jpg 20200521_032707[1].jpg 20200521_032637[1].jpg 20200521_032648[1].jpg 20200521_032721[1].jpg

Super nice. Awesome.

OP
OP
Plunder

Plunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any photos of how they were packed in the box?

I just got my shipment today and wanted to update the thread. I forgot to take pictures when I opened the box. It was in the 90's here today so I wasted no time getting them acclimated. I can tell you this though. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Nima, one of the staff members who emailed me was very professional. They actually asked me what day I wanted to receive the package. They sent it next day air which was here at 10 am (thanks FedEx driver).

Here is a picture of the boxing material minus the plastic bags they came in. The bags themselves were very small and only held about a half cup of water, didn't leave much room for them to bang around (seems ideal). It seemed perfect because everything was individually wrapped and well packaged in the box (no shifting contents but not smashing). The plastic cup and foam were for the bird's nest, which protected it nicely and they also provided a heating pack.

The quality and cleanliness of the corals I received blow anything I have access to at the LFS. I couldn't find a spec of debris or algae on them (upload pics on request). The shipping fee of $40 is kinda bummer, but I think on orders of $350 or more its waived. It's not cheap to ship coral or any kind of live critter also right now I don't think these companies have any guarantees or insurance because of COVID 19 crisis.

With all that said I will be doing business with them again. Hopefully, their prices remain competitive as well.

20200527_193229[1].jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back