Ordering Fish online

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to QT you can buy from anywhere. No matter what you are rolling the dice. Petco owns LiveAquaria (at least last I checked they did).

I started buying my fish from tsmaquatics.com, they QT fish for you so it arrives ready to go.
Had no idea they learned liveaquaria!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

CarleyFreeman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I figured I’d debunk some of the misinformation here…
But first, Hi! Petco employee here
Petco did previously own LiveAquaria, but sold off several (5ish?) years ago. Currently, LA’s only affiliation with Co is as the vendor for fish bought via Petco.com.
Fun fact- when stores order fish - LA isn’t even an option as a vendor for us! Which leads me to the next part….
Price matching policy has always been for dry goods only, but unfortunately this is not very well communicated within the ranks in most stores. The reason being is that the specific fish you see in our tank came from a vendor other than LiveAquaria. Therefore, the price Petco pays will be different, and obviously there are also other costs involved in getting that fish to the store and into the tank.
Hope this clears up some confusion

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back