OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a better pictures, not much change.
P attenuatus2020040408L.jpg
P attenuatus2020040409L.jpg

My Male Black Leopard
BlackLeopardWrasse2020040401Male.jpg

BlackLeopardWrasse2020040402Male.jpg

Been a while since I took a picture of my Eightline Flasher
EightlineFlasher2020040401M.jpg

EightlineFlasher2020040402M.jpg

EightlineFlasher2020040403M.jpg

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minh, what settings are you using on your radians when doing photography? The color rendition on the fishes is fantastic!

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light are all set at 100% on all channels. Natural curve setting so it is bell shape but just dim over all. All the light are proportional. In the evening, often the light dim down so I just boost the brightness but not change the spectrum of the light.
Thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through your build thread, and it was amazing! I really love seeing all of your wrasses. Could you post a picture of your blue flasher wrasse please?
I try this evening. This is one of the oldest wrasse I have. I got him as a full grown mature wrasse about 3 years ago, he is a little long in the tooth. I think he will die of old age soon. He is thinner now than before and is not looking like a healthy fish. You will see what I mean when I post picture of him this evening.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light are all set at 100% on all channels. Natural curve setting so it is bell shape but just dim over all. All the light are proportional. In the evening, often the light dim down so I just boost the brightness but not change the spectrum of the light.
Thanks for the kind words.
Wow, that’s interesting! G4 Pro correct? Do you do anything to deal with excess blue light, like a gel filter or post processing? Camera white balance?

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My camera is a really good is self adjust. I use a Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II. It have light spectrum automatic filter. Automatic adjust for light spectrum that is really good. Either that or the underwater setting. It give really accurate color so I don't have to mess with adjustment post with Photoshop. I highly recommend this camera. It is a mirror-less cameral too so really fast in response time from clicking to image capture.
Not the cheapest but one of the best camera I ever used.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that’s interesting! G4 Pro correct? Do you do anything to deal with excess blue light, like a gel filter or post processing? Camera white balance?

Thanks for the help!
I use a combination of G2, G3 and G4 all Pro

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My camera is a really good is self adjust. I use a Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II. It have light spectrum automatic filter. Automatic adjust for light spectrum that is really good. Either that or the underwater setting. It give really accurate color so I don't have to mess with adjustment post with Photoshop. I highly recommend this camera. It is a mirror-less cameral too so really fast in response time from clicking to image capture.
Not the cheapest but one of the best camera I ever used.
Thats obviously a great camera to deal with the blue spectrum! Thanks for all of the info, and congrats on the great images, and tank recovery!

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My smaller Meleagris was very sivery white when I first got him, in my QT system. I don't have picture of this becaseu the glass of my QT is full of algae and I am too lazy to get my razor out and clean it, plus the lighting is poor, and I don't have the room and the space to take pictures. Any way, I got some picture early 4/2020 when I first put her into my DT. She is coloring up and is much more slivery blue instead of silvery white. Taken photo of florescent colors are always tricky but the pictures below show color changes of this wrasse over just a few weeks. Certainly this is not sex change, she is way too small, and there is a much larger dominant female in the tank.
Up until a few days ago, she only eat pods, no frozen and no flakes. She is doing well, but I saw her going after pellets with gusto yesterday and saw her goes to bed with a huge full stomach yesterday. She was not doing poorly, but seeing that she is eating the main food for my tank with the rest of the wrasse, I am certain that she will do better from now on and will get fat soon. She was one of the hardest fish to start to eat pellets for me for a long time.
4/5/2020
MeleagrisLeopard2020040502S.jpg

4/5/2020 together with the larger Meleagris. different color can be seen here
MeleagrisLeopard2020040501B.jpg

4/16/2020
MeleagrisLeopard2020041602S.jpg

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man love them fish. So u just put them in the main tank? I thought u had some already in there? And where do u get ur leopards from? Great pictures. I just got out my wife's cannon and tryed to get some pictures but real hard lol. Love ur pic of all the wrasses

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a major change in thinking regarding the way I feed my fish. I know that terrestrial animals are not healthy when they are fat. They certainly have a shorter lifespan then if they are fit and thin (or at least not fat) It seem to me many of the fish that I see that are very long life, my friend @outerbank, extremely long life clowns, and Yellow tang are not fat. They are not thin but not fat like my fish. Also the almost 20 year in captivity Peppermint angel in Mr. Urakami’s tank, link below, is not fat either. I am fairly certain that this angel live past his normal life expectancy.

Seeing these very convincing evidences, I certainly think that it is healthy, and certainly not detrimental to the fish if I do not over feed them, and once in a while, fast them for a day or two.

I feed my tank a lot. All the Nori the fish can eat and 8+ times a day with automatic feeders and with manual feeding. I will cut down to 6, for a few months and then 4. I will also cut back on the Nori. and will relatively cut down on the manual feeding also.

I hope to be ale to keep my fish for as long as it is natural for the species. Seeing these extremely long life example, it will try to adjust my care for them so that hopefully I can successfully replicate these fine examples.

Last edited:
Back