Orphek v4 but no router

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eddie7144
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eddie7144

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2014
Messages
977
Reaction score
569
Location
nyc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at these lights to upgrade my system only issue is I dont have access to a router . I have wifi , so do I need a router or can i used my tablet to control the lights ?
 
If you have wifi, you have a router.
 
If you have wifi, you have a router.
Ok good to hear. As the router is on the second floor in my land lords apt. He let's me use his wifi but I cant physically use his router. So you're saying I wont have a problem controlling the lights
 
Ok good to hear. As the router is on the second floor in my land lords apt. He let's me use his wifi but I cant physically use his router. So you're saying I wont have a problem controlling the lights
If you have to do any port forwarding you will have to get administrative access to his router or get your own connection - if you just need to connect to the internet it should be fine as is.
 
If you have to do any port forwarding you will have to get administrative access to his router or get your own connection - if you just need to connect to the internet it should be fine as is.
Well I have the password and all that info, I just do t wanna buy them and the gateway and then find out I cant run them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new