Osmolator Nano Pump EXTREMELY LOUD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running this ATO for a few months (May sometime), and the pump is just terribly loud. I can't even accurately describe the noise, but it's horribly loud - I can hear it across the house. I've tried shaking the pump to see if there's air trapped inside - no relief, it is suspended in the reservoir - the nature of the tubing and cords just make for that scenario anyway. I also noticed that the thin plastic stem that connects to the flex tubing was cracked out of the box. Would that contribute to the noise somehow? I wouldn't think it would, but I don't know. I've tried adjusting the flow rate too - no joy there either.

I'm upgrading tanks in the very near future, I'd like to incorporate the ATO into the new build, but if I need a replacement pump, or the adapter to use a different pump, I may go another route altogether. I've been using Tunze products for years, very disappointed in this little pump. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running this ATO for a few months (May sometime), and the pump is just terribly loud. I can't even accurately describe the noise, but it's horribly loud - I can hear it across the house. I've tried shaking the pump to see if there's air trapped inside - no relief, it is suspended in the reservoir - the nature of the tubing and cords just make for that scenario anyway. I also noticed that the thin plastic stem that connects to the flex tubing was cracked out of the box. Would that contribute to the noise somehow? I wouldn't think it would, but I don't know. I've tried adjusting the flow rate too - no joy there either.

I'm upgrading tanks in the very near future, I'd like to incorporate the ATO into the new build, but if I need a replacement pump, or the adapter to use a different pump, I may go another route altogether. I've been using Tunze products for years, very disappointed in this little pump. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
If no part of the pump is touching the reservoir, I suspect the problem is with the cracked stem. The only time I hear my Tunze ato pump is when it's vibrating against the side of the container or the water level is too low.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stem will not be a cause of noise, it would cause flow/pressure issues and we will replace it, but noise is usually from contact, especially if the reservoir is glass or acrylic, a softer plastic like polyethylene and suspending the pump by the cable/hose will greatly reduce noise, a rigid container transfers the vibration.

OP
OP
Snitch

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump is suspended, the pump itself does not make contact with any part of the reservoir.

It's almost like a grinding / whirring noise.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me a copy of the receipt and the serial number? All of my direct contact info is on the the cover of the warranty manual that came with it.

OP
OP
Snitch

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me a copy of the receipt and the serial number? All of my direct contact info is on the the cover of the warranty manual that came with it.
I think I still have it - I'll look for it when I get home. Thanks.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my third pump and even when new there has always been some noise, even when they aren't touching anything.

You mentioned shaking it to get out air bubbles. To get all of the air bubbles out, I've found that I have to flip it over underwater while it is running. It seems to get most of the big bubbles out and have enough suction to suck through any smaller bubbles. Even then there is always a little hum, but it is tolerable.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back