Other Pets?

What other pets do you keep in addition to a SW tank?

• Freshwater Fish

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Dogs

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Cats

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Rodents

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Reptiles

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Birds

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Insects

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to see what other types of pets people here keep. We all have or are interested in salt water tanks, but what about other pets? I personally have a menagerie. I currently have a FW tank, a rat, guinea pig, hamster, turtle, 2 parakeets, and a pair of Madagascar hissing cockroaches. What are others keeping?

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok who put the cat in?I raise Old English Bulldogs and we have Cows....

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides my 29BC saltwater tank, I've got a little 5 gallon freshwater tank, 1 dog(jack russell terrier), 2 cats, 2 adult bearded dragons(pair), and currently have 8 baby bearded dragons that just hatched last weekend, that I am going to sell. Oh, I also have a pond in my back yard with Koi...thats about it.

Steve

OP
OP
Russellaqua

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was speaking with someone the other day and they told me their bearded dragon goes through 100 crickets in about 5 days, along with other foods. Do they really eat that much? It seems like a lot for them.

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was speaking with someone the other day and they told me their bearded dragon goes through 100 crickets in about 5 days, along with other foods. Do they really eat that much? It seems like a lot for them.

Its not that bad really....I don't feed my adult beardies crickets anymore..they stopped eating them plus they STINK, they jump outta their box and hop around the house and tick my wife off. I pretty much feed them superworms which cost me about $10 a week if that, I'll throw about 20 worms into a bowl and let them go to town and feed them every other day with those....for a treat I'll feed them those blueish green colored horn worms which are like $1 each, but they have the nutrition value of like 50 crickets or silk worms which are good too. Throw in some collard greens every now and then...they are a really low maintenance pet in my opinion. Speaking of crickets...thanks for reminding me..I gotta go buy some little ones for the babies.

Steve

OP
OP
Russellaqua

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least they're off crickets now. My red-eared slider turtle loves them, but I've managed to get her onto freeze-dried crickets. I totally agree with you about the smell of them. It's not nice.

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least they're off crickets now. My red-eared slider turtle loves them, but I've managed to get her onto freeze-dried crickets. I totally agree with you about the smell of them. It's not nice.

Cricket stink has got to be one of the worst....makes you wanna gag. Superworms have like no smell at all. I just got back with 100 small crickets for my baby beardies...I don't know why I just dont get more...that 100 crickets will last me today and tomorrow barely...I GOTTA GET RID OF THESE BABIES!!! They are gonna eat me outta house and home before I can even get rid of them.

Steve

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
African Grey, Solomon Island Eclectus, Goldendoodle, Cat and we just put down the guinea pig. Gonna pick up some Dart Frogs probably toward the end of summer.

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater fish, dog, indonesian white lipped tree frog, some kind of toad my son collected along the river, crickets for the above frog, goldfish in a pond.

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, besides the 3 salt tanks, I have 1 FW tank, 1 pitbull, 1 american bulldog x pitbull, 1 chihuahua x beagle, 1 chihuahua x beagle x daschund, 6 miniature donkeys, 2 miniature horses, 2 appys, 6 thoroughbreds, 2 standardbreds, geese, peacocks, a goat, 8 cats.

Sandy

labman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Labman!

Self explanatory

houlilly2.jpg

Reef Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a Dog that looks like an Ewok, A Cat, a Freshwater fish tank, 5 Leopard Geckos and Asst Variations of Ringneck Pheasants.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 51 48.1%
  • Full frame

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back