Our Reefing Addiction

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Innovative Marine 30 gallon long:
fullsizeoutput_e9.jpeg

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got bored today so went to buy more fish. Picked up an Xmas Wrasse, 2 Lawn Mower Blennys, Malanarus, and 7 Talbots for the Damsel tank. Now I have 4 fish in the BioCube, 5 in the 30g, and 50+ in the SPS system. Still waiting on the final 6 Springer Damsels to arrive for the frag tank.
Cheers! Mark

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried on multiple occasions to grow chaeto. It dies! When it was alive, it was always a nasty mess of cyano, hair algae, and rotting chaeto. I finally got rid of it about a year ago and tried putting a sump section of rubble instead. All that did was trap fish crap and was impossible to clean without pulling it all out. I yanked the rubble out and ran about 6 months with only an old ASM2 skimmer in my sump. I gotta say the sump was cleaner than ever. I ran across a used Bubble Magnus Curve5 for $50 so I figured why not run 2 skimmers? Works like a dream!! Anyway with the addition of 2 tanks to the system, 30 more fish and a heavy increase in feeding, I figured I should maybe upgrade the Curve5. Found a used Curve7 cheap in LA and it arrived today - Yay. So I am now running an ASM2 and a Curve7. Cant wait to see how clean the reef will be.
On a side note, one other thing I did when I set up my sump was have the ends of the overflow pipes cut about 6 inches above the water level. As they drain into the sump, it is like a waterfall and I believe this helps the reef run healthier.
Cheers! Mark
IMG_0492.jpeg

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always include the wife.. gj man!!
Agreed! me and my wife have been doing our reefing business together and we both love the hobby... just got to see if my daughter is going to hop in too she only 8 months.. definitely loves to watch the fish swim!

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! me and my wife have been doing our reefing business together and we both love the hobby... just got to see if my daughter is going to hop in too she only 8 months.. definitely loves to watch the fish swim!
My wife just wants to look at the tank. But my son, loves to frag and he is really good and labeling containers and keeping the $ sorted out on our "selling" days.
Cheers! Mark

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back