Over flow box need ideas

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just got me a new tank built and drilled want to run 2 over flow box’s one as a back up it the other gets blocked this is what I’ve come up with but don’t know if it will work as I want the water leave as close as I can to the top of tank think I might have cut them to low ????
Also ideas on how to plum them up to be quite as possible as backs onto my bedroom ideas please ???

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank was drilled to low. this was the solution. a strip of plastic with nylon nuts and bolts.
ghost alteration.jpg
That’s not a bad idea should I build just one big over flow box to run both holes in the one box ?

OP
OP
B

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my opinion, one continuous would be better. you could then do a bean animal.
plumbing.jpg
That’s a bloody cool idea so greed is controlled for the siphon red is emergency and yellow is return

BD7094FC-C967-417F-989B-ECFDC81F2835.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would need to build the over flow box on the back of the tank I have two 1 1/2” bulk heads what do I put on the inside of the tank to stop fish and other things going into the bulk head and sit in the box at the back of the tank sorry for all the questions I’m new to all this and well want to get it right before I fill it up and have to move 1.5Ton of water haha

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's a box inside the tank with the teeth and a cover, bulkheads to the box on the outside with the three exit pipes.

OP
OP
B

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet so I can use the two box’s I already have and make a second box that joins the to bulk heads from the tank that goes on the back of the tank with 3 bulk heads coming out of the bottom and do the three pipes to the sump that way ?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet so I can use the two box’s I already have and make a second box that joins the to bulk heads from the tank that goes on the back of the tank with 3 bulk heads coming out of the bottom and do the three pipes to the sump that way ?
I don't know if you would have enough flow through the two smaller boxes, or if you would need one continuous one.
Let's throw it out to #reefsquad for some help. :)

Back