Pacific Blue Tang

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A powder blue would be a worse choice than a Pacific blue. They are more active, more aggressive, and aren't sold as "tiny" juveniles.
Oh, wait so am I able to keep a blue tang happy in the short term in a 40 Gallon? I will have a cleaner and fire shrimp to if that helps?

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is nothing has nothing to do with tangs but a unique fish is the Golden Dwarf Moray Eel. Reef safe as can be but it might eat slower moving small fish. Great size for your tank! I’d love a tang in my 32 bio cube I plan on getting soon but I’ll hold back until I upgrade in like 4 - 6 years.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is nothing has nothing to do with tangs but a unique fish is the Golden Dwarf Moray Eel. Reef safe as can be but it might eat slower moving small fish. Great size for your tank! I’d love a tang in my 32 bio cube I plan on getting soon but I’ll hold back until I upgrade in like 4 - 6 years.
Will a moray eel eat shrimp,snails or crabs? Or clownfish? But I would really love an eel. Aren't they also messy eaters because they eat slot therefore poop more and more CUC?

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a moray eel eat shrimp,snails or crabs? Or clownfish? But I would really love an eel. Aren't they also messy eaters because they eat slot therefore poop more and more CUC?
I would grow out your clownfish a bit if you want one, the biggest risk I see is the crabs though. I mean all eels are messy eaters, that just really means bigger or more frequenct water changes. There may be a risk for CUC but they are perfect for reef tanks. :)

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would grow out your clownfish a bit if you want one, the biggest risk I see is the crabs though. I mean all eels are messy eaters, that just really means bigger or more frequenct water changes. There may be a risk for CUC but they are perfect for reef tanks. :)
Oh, I was gonna get porcalein (Spelled wrong I know) crab and maybe a anemone for them so would they anemone protect them? I already have a BTA but the clownfish are not hosting it yet, what about a snowflake eel? They are good for a 40 Gallon?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, wait so am I able to keep a blue tang happy in the short term in a 40 Gallon? I will have a cleaner and fire shrimp to if that helps?

I would not. The shrimp won't help or hurt the situation.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I was gonna get porcalein (Spelled wrong I know) crab and maybe a anemone for them so would they anemone protect them? I already have a BTA but the clownfish are not hosting it yet, what about a snowflake eel? They are good for a 40 Gallon?
I think it really depends on the personality of the eel in this case. Some will eat CUC some will not, but anemones, clams, and corals seem to be great in most cases. Not sure about a snowflake you will have to ask around. :)

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it really depends on the personality of the eel in this case. Some will eat CUC some will not, but anemones, clams, and corals seem to be great in most cases. Not sure about a snowflake you will have to ask around. :)
Thanks, I might do some research and I will probably get a CUC before the eel.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I might do some research and I will probably get a CUC before the eel.
Great! Just make sure you do the proper research like you said because they are nowhere cheap. :) Good luck!

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, they aren't even available here :/
Just like Emerald Crabs, Serpent and Brittle Stars, Astrea and Cerith Snails, Micro Brittle Stars, Most Conchs besides Strombus, Most Nassarius Snails, We have to pay so much more for cleaner and blood shrimp, Only one species of peppermint shrimp, very rarely we get pistol or Harlequin shrimp and mantis shrimp are somewhat rare, Most eels lots of corals, and the even the radion g5 diffuser

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like Emerald Crabs, Serpent and Brittle Stars, Astrea and Cerith Snails, Micro Brittle Stars, Most Conchs besides Strombus, Most Nassarius Snails, We have to pay so much more for cleaner and blood shrimp, Only one species of peppermint shrimp, very rarely we get pistol or Harlequin shrimp and mantis shrimp are somewhat rare, Most eels lots of corals, and the even the radion g5 diffuser
Well Starcki Damselfish are really good alternatives to Tangs if you'd like some suggestions.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
I will look into them, would I be able to keep a coral bueaty In a 40 permanently?
Actually the starcki damselfish is really cheap. It also looks awesome, will it fight with my other fish if I add it last and is it a messy fish?

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the starcki damselfish is really cheap. It also looks awesome, will it fight with my other fish if I add it last and is it a messy fish?
I wouldn't consider it a messy fish. I would consider it's temperament to that of a yellowtail damsel, so they are pretty peaceful.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many damsels in the genus Chrysiptera, which includes starki, are fairly peaceful. Mine are fine with my smaller fish which include firefish, lined,flagtail and scissortail dartfish and several assessors. They need enough room to each claim their own territory. Given that,they are great fish.

Many damsels are mean, some are not.
Read my quote this is what GoldeneyeRet had to say.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back