Pair of yellow tangs?

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m working on a 200 gallon peninsula and have an existing 4-5 inch blue tang in my existing tank with other community fish that will move to the new tank. I anticipate finishing the build in 2-3 months. I wanted to see what people’s thoughts are getting two Biota yellow tangs now into my quarantine so they get a chance to get some size on them prior to going into the display. Is two yellow tangs a mistake? Do I need to keep solo or only add a trio? I don’t know if I want to spring for 3 with the current costs.

I’m planning to add two more tang to finish out the tank down the road: gold rim and bristle tooth or kole.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m working on a 200 gallon peninsula and have an existing 4-5 inch blue tang in my existing tank with other community fish that will move to the new tank. I anticipate finishing the build in 2-3 months. I wanted to see what people’s thoughts are getting two Biota yellow tangs now into my quarantine so they get a chance to get some size on them prior to going into the display. Is two yellow tangs a mistake? Do I need to keep solo or only add a trio? I don’t know if I want to spring for 3 with the current costs.

I’m planning to add two more tang to finish out the tank down the road: gold rim and bristle tooth or kole.
Always keep tangs in odd numbers. . . 1-3-5 and so forth as there will be a war with two only

OP
OP
T

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always keep tangs in odd numbers. . . 1-3-5 and so forth as there will be a war with two only
One more question, would you consider a blue or bristletooth in part of counting up to odd numbers or only if part of the same genus?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
One more question, would you consider a blue or bristletooth in part of counting up to odd numbers or only if part of the same genus?
Same genus however, any that have similar color and/or shape can pose an issue

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I was you I would wait until you could get all the Tangs you want at the same time; this is the best possible setup for success. I would also try to avoid getting two tangs from the same family.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back