Pairing yasha with shrimp

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a disadvantage to obtaining a Randall’s piston shrimp before obtaining a yasha goby/pair of yasha gobies? My lfs has a shrimp in stock but wont have gobies for a few weeks. They claim the shrimp are tough to get right now.

what do I need to do to increase the chances of the shrimp and fish bonding?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a disadvantage to obtaining a Randall’s piston shrimp before obtaining a yasha goby/pair of yasha gobies? My lfs has a shrimp in stock but wont have gobies for a few weeks. They claim the shrimp are tough to get right now.

what do I need to do to increase the chances of the shrimp and fish bonding?
Often if you get the shrimp first, the shrimp doesn’t accept the goby (Apparently) I’ve never tried a pair of pistol shrimp with goby. I’d recommend getting them as a pair already though

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These days it seems like my lfs mostly sells unpaired captive bred yashas. I like the idea of going aquacultured in this case. Is there any way to increase the chances of them pairing? Should I add at the same time?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve added a shrimp and goby at the same time and they paired after a week. I’ve added shrimp and goby at separate times and they paired within a couple days. In my experience it didn’t matter.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These days it seems like my lfs mostly sells unpaired captive bred yashas. I like the idea of going aquacultured in this case. Is there any way to increase the chances of them pairing? Should I add at the same time?
Adding them at the same time increases the chance of them pairing, it’s 50/50 if you add them separately

OP
OP
C

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve added a shrimp and goby at the same time and they paired after a week. I’ve added shrimp and goby at separate times and they paired within a couple days. In my experience it didn’t matter.
That's great! I would be so disappointed if they didn't pair. This is a species specific tank with no other inhabitants other than coral. I've set it up to observe their relationship.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back