Fish_Boy_Wonder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo. Been using some scrap supplies and a random turtle tank I had laying around to do a new project.
I build custom bioactive vivariums for tropical reptiles on the side, so I grow most of the plants I use in my green house. I’ve been vending through a buddy’s booth at the reptile shows, so thought I’d do a custom display tank for next months show.

It’s not a 100% done yet, I still have to plant some java fern and finish off some things like the misting system and lights, water is still a little cloudy from the substrate. But so far there are White Cloud Mountain minnows, zebra danios, and rosy minnows in the tank.

Here are some photos, sorry I didn’t do a good job of recording detailed progress.
395E1787-10BA-4EAE-B40F-8B4214B6B05B.jpeg
40135667-D380-477E-9901-8F645ACC03FD.jpeg
856AC30D-D904-4FCC-B8AC-8081BC989852.jpeg
BB5D85DF-649D-4463-ADC2-415AA334A52E.jpeg

OP
OP
Fish_Boy_Wonder

Fish_Boy_Wonder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Get us another pic as soon as the water clears up. Is that a waterfall?
Yup yup, I had an extra rio+ 800 laying around I used for the water feature.
Thinking of making a carbon filter to clear some of the tannins out of the water.
CBFD596D-221F-460B-A31C-5D22BB1C214D.jpeg

OP
OP
Fish_Boy_Wonder

Fish_Boy_Wonder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! What are you going to keep as far as reptiles/amphibians? Always wanted to do one of these with dart frogs and/or anoles.

Thanks! It’s an open air display so no animals except temperate fish. But I breed geckos, so I’ll probably use it for photographing them.

I think I’ll finally be doing a dartfrog tank for myself this year,
Anoles will eat dart frogs, so don’t keep them together. but if you want a communal tank anoles, green tree frogs, and green snakes all do well together.

I once had a dumpy tree frog that eat one of my crested geckos lol.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It’s an open air display so no animals except temperate fish. But I breed geckos, so I’ll probably use it for photographing them.

I think I’ll finally be doing a dartfrog tank for myself this year,
Anoles will eat dart frogs, so don’t keep them together. but if you want a communal tank anoles, green tree frogs, and green snakes all do well together.

I once had a dumpy tree frog that eat one of my crested geckos lol.
I didn't know anoles (green/brown) even got big enough to eat dart frogs...learn something new every day :) I have always kept reptiles...no experience with amphibians at all. Keep posting pics!

OP
OP
Fish_Boy_Wonder

Fish_Boy_Wonder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know anoles (green/brown) even got big enough to eat dart frogs...learn something new every day :) I have always kept reptiles...no experience with amphibians at all. Keep posting pics!
Thanks! And fully grown darts no, but you don’t run into adults that often unless your buying from someone getting out of the hobby.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back