Palytoxin

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning a frag tank at the lfs yesterday and accidentally crushed a zoa on myself and got it on my finger. Today it’s slightly swollen and feels like a bee sting. If this is the palytoxin, how long does the pain usually last?

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say if it is paly toxin for sure or not. I would monitor and let someone else close to you know about it incase you need to go to the ER. look up signs and symptoms and compare what you find.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with palyzoa. Let someone know about the toxin, and print up a piece of paper explaining what it is. Most doctors aren't aware of palytoxin so in the case of an emergency, you will be ready.

Odds are your finger is just infected from the tank. If it was palytoxin, you would be feeling a lot more then just a bee sting feeling. Most people feel nauseous, dizzy, and can’t breath. It also effects you extremely fast so if it happened yesterday, you’re probably fine.

Just keep an eye out

OP
OP
SourAngelfish

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I’ll do that. It’s just weird because there isn’t a visible mark on my skin but it feels slightly numb and stings.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to upgrade and will start reaching into my tank moving rocks and corals. Should I be worried about this coral? It’s on a rock by itself so if it is Palytoxin I’ll just rid of it.

407b72bccdd2132d4e6363291cf84a10.jpg

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The suspense of the unknown will kill me first!! [emoji26]

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back