OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAVID saxby and also youtube the Radion AB+ video that BRS did for the hydras.
If funny you mention this because this is the one I have my closely set to lol with adjustments of course. But I like the variation through the day it makes me think of clouds passing by or something.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If funny you mention this because this is the one I have my closely set to lol with adjustments of course. But I like the variation through the day it makes me think of clouds passing by or something.
I am not a fan of Saxby’s setting but I know people with good reefs using them. I used to have a much lower settings but I have been increasing them for the last 6 months.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy is in the back ! ;Shifty
BD9EBBF2-8B10-49B6-9AE6-2012E4871BE4.jpeg
Booooooooo! Blasted BTA. Hopefully it decides to move forward.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the flow and light compare from where it moved itself in back to where it is now after rotation? You may be able to make a change to flow with powerhead adj or slight rock movements to get it to stick where you want perhaps?

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the flow and light compare from where it moved itself in back to where it is now after rotation? You may be able to make a change to flow with powerhead adj or slight rock movements to get it to stick where you want perhaps?
That is a great idea, I didn’t thought about it before. The flow here is a stronger but the light is the same. I should have adjusted the flow. ;Facepalm Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few updates on my reef, the blenny decided to show up, that is a really good one, he doesn’t look active, fingers crossed.

The new goby and the pistol shrimp are still to be found, I will wait another week before declaring them MIA. The LFS is guaranteeing both so if they don’t appear I will have new ones.

I decided to add one percula clownfish I hope he will get along with my ocellaris. I also added a blue sponge, it will be fine in the DT.

Finally the RBTA is staying put so fat after rotating its rock, I hope the percula or the ocellaris host it.

Last edited:

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on some pics :) I want to get some sponges down the road blue playing and an orange ball have caught my eye.
I’m still betting on the Goby and shrimp showing up. Very nice guarantee by LFS to replace em if they don’t tho.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you find the goby and pistol shrimp.

Blue sponge is so nice. Need to see pictures of that one
I agree on some pics :) I want to get some sponges down the road blue playing and an orange ball have caught my eye.
I’m still betting on the Goby and shrimp showing up. Very nice guarantee by LFS to replace em if they don’t tho.
Thanks for the comments guys. I will try to get pics tomorrow. I just saw the RBTA is starting to walk. ;Shifty

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few updates on my reef, the blenny decided to show up, that is a really good one, he doesn’t look active, fingers crossed.

The new goby and the pistol shrimp are still to be found, I will wait another week before declaring them MIA. The LFS is guaranteeing both so if they don’t appear I will have new ones.

I decided to add one percula clownfish I hope he will get along with my ocellaris. I also added a blue sponge, it will be fine in the DT.

Finally the RBTA is staying put so fat after rotating its rock, I hope the percula or the ocellaris host it.
I wanna see pics of the sponge!
@najer

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more updates, I will start for the sad part. The black-ray goby jumped, my housekeeper found him this morning, I hate my Red Sea Net, it is the 3rd fish I lose to jumping. ;Sorry I believe my other goby the OSG one is overly aggressive and it was giving him hard time. He is also bullying the blenny, as I want a peaceful community I will try to capture him with a trap and get two new gobies one OSG and one black-ray.

The good part is the blenny appeared so I know he is definitely alive just shy of the OSG. The shrimp is still a mystery, I have not seen him, I will wait a little more.

The the blue sponge is doing fine, it needs shadow so the pics are a bit dark.

6C816A21-D830-4F13-9398-6686C91701D2.jpeg

902A555E-D51B-4F48-8776-29E43221C0F4.jpeg

The new percula is looking for his place, he seems to be jealous of the ocellaris GSP. ;Eggonface

I think my clowns are a bit stupid, beautiful but stupid, two clowns with two BTA and no one hosting them because they prefer GSP. The RBTA was too close to other corals so its rock was rotated again, I hope he likes this spot. It is right in the front of the tank so it is perfect for me.

On another good one, my brain coral is holding and recovering fine from the crash, it was the one that suffering the most and I am very happy he is making it.

I think I am doing progress but it is slow and that may be better.

0610D755-248A-4173-9BEF-007BDFD711D3.jpeg

353BD31F-6FDB-4910-A612-0EB065DAF877.jpeg

EA18C12B-3502-43D4-88A5-5472696D3865.jpeg

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mix of happy and sad news my friend. Such us reefing and life. Sorry about your jumper :( Is there no way to secure the Red Sea screen tops on to the rimless tank? Visually my rimled tank us not as attractive but my diy screen fits like a drum and needs to with how hard I’ve seen a fish hit it:oops:
Glad the brain is making a comeback it’s a nice piece. You been thru a lot and I’m sure that shrimp us going to be next to lake an appearance for you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back