Pancho's Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

Finally.
IMG_3110.jpeg
 
Today was maintenance day and I decided it was time for a full makeover. Many corals had big holes and to fight the algae, it was necessary to trim and scratch everything.

This time I went with the island concept to try to appreciate the fish more. At the same time, I took out a fantastic storm filefish, he ate all the aiptasia in the tank and I don’t want him to die. Also the pigmy angel had to go as he was too aggressive and I am thinking to add a flame angel. The LFS will swap the fish and ton of coral in the following weeks/months, so I think this is a win.
IMG_3127.jpeg
IMG_3128.jpeg
 
The reset looks great IMO, however the stress seems to had been to much for the Morish Idol, during the day next to the reset he was eating and swimming happily and fat and suddenly the next morning he was dead.

I see no other reasons than stress, my blue tang was also stressed with some kind of skin issues but it is recovering fine.

Nevertheless I believe the reset was necessary. I am now focus on decreasing NO3 and PO4 that are at 50 and 0.8 ppm. I am reading a lot on carbon dosing and may start with vodka or vinegar apart of adding Phosguard.
 
The reset looks great IMO, however the stress seems to had been to much for the Morish Idol, during the day next to the reset he was eating and swimming happily and fat and suddenly the next morning he was dead.

I see no other reasons than stress, my blue tang was also stressed with some kind of skin issues but it is recovering fine.

Nevertheless I believe the reset was necessary. I am now focus on decreasing NO3 and PO4 that are at 50 and 0.8 ppm. I am reading a lot on carbon dosing and may start with vodka or vinegar apart of adding Phosguard.
How is the vodka and carbon dosing doing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new