Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read you had your own struggles.
Yeah,
It’s been a rough ride, friend

The Aquatic Critter took out their S-650 and put in the Reefer 850, the 1000 was too big.

It’s a super nice setup.

Is your family doing good?

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there my friend wondering how your making out with new CBB. Sorry you lost the other one :confused: . Hoping your new one is a hearty pig right outta the gates for you. Such tough little guys to get in the groove but worth it to watch their graceful movement and beautiful coloration.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there my friend wondering how your making out with new CBB. Sorry you lost the other one :confused: . Hoping your new one is a hearty pig right outta the gates for you. Such tough little guys to get in the groove but worth it to watch their graceful movement and beautiful coloration.
Hi Ray, sorry for taking so long to answer I have Covid19, fortunately for me and my family our symptoms are no so bad. It started with my oldest son and it is taking us one by one.

Honestly I am struggling with the CBB, he is not eating, I tried clam, masstick and dry food. He seems weak, not heading in the right direction. On more positive tone, I managed to balance my kH, Ca and Mg so at least I saved my chalices.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,
It’s been a rough ride, friend

The Aquatic Critter took out their S-650 and put in the Reefer 850, the 1000 was too big.

It’s a super nice setup.

Is your family doing good?
Hello amigo, family is so so, we have Covid at home but doing not so bad. We have medicines and so far only body aches and headaches. I saw you guys had snow last week in Mboro. Did you have fun with the family?

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho no worries my friend your worth the wait to hear from ;) Good to hear you guys have mild symptoms! Hope it passes quickly and your family is back to tip top shape.
Hang in there with the CBB hope he turns on feeding wise.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho no worries my friend your worth the wait to hear from ;) Good to hear you guys have mild symptoms! Hope it passes quickly and your family is back to tip top shape.
Hang in there with the CBB hope he turns on feeding wise.
Thank you Ray!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have meI saw you guys had snow last week in Mboro. Did you have fun with the family?
Yeah,
It was cool, looks like we’re in for 5“ to 7” of snow over the next couple of days.

Pancho,
Hope you guys are on the mend from Covid.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,
It was cool, looks like we’re in for 5“ to 7” of snow over the next couple of days.

Pancho,
Hope you guys are on the mend from Covid.
Hello Freddie, we are all ok thank you. Fortunately we are all vaccinated so the infection was very mild.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been awhile since the last update.

I been having a ton of work, I took a new position in my office and the tank suffered it. My CCB couldn’t make it, I tried all kinds of food, bummer. The. I had an alkalinity swing and lost lots of corals. ;Rage

For the last month, I have tried to come back to my husbandry and it seems the tank is stable again. Finally after all these months of struggles, I decided to tank another leap with a fish and it is now eating pellets and also frozen clam slices. o_O
40A95488-1BD3-41AE-91FD-63CAAD4D78A5.jpeg

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pancho work is at times the worst 4 letter word taking away from our relaxation family time.Sorry bout the cbb and coral losses. CBB I think can be a large percentage luck getting the fish with the right attitude/personality. Glad you seem to have found one that’s putting on the feed bag for you. It’s a huge relief when they are taking prepared foods from the water column.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pancho work is at times the worst 4 letter word taking away from our relaxation family time.Sorry bout the cbb and coral losses. CBB I think can be a large percentage luck getting the fish with the right attitude/personality. Glad you seem to have found one that’s putting on the feed bag for you. It’s a huge relief when they are taking prepared foods from the water column.
Hello my friend! I’m enjoying the tank, I mean of course it has been quite a ride but I had always wanted a Moorish Idol so very I’m very happy right now.

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Idol is a beauty. Ive come close to getting one but hear they can be a tough fish to get eating and keep. Now I dont Need to get one I can just drop in here and see yours

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Idol is a beauty. Ive come close to getting one but hear they can be a tough fish to get eating and keep. Now I dont Need to get one I can just drop in here and see yours
I hear the same and honestly after my two fails with the CBB, I was very afraid to buy it. But after seeing him for a second time in the LFS eating I had to take the chance. I asked what he was eating and copy the recipe: clam and shrimp slices mixed with artemia, dry food and garlic guard. I only eliminated the Scott Emulsion due to the high nutrients and I may drop the artemia after finishing the cubes I bought. As I read that it has to be fed several times a day, I increased the dry food dosage to two times a day reducing the quantity in half + prepared frozen food.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear the same and honestly after my two fails with the CBB, I was very afraid to buy it. But after seeing him for a second time in the LFS eating I had to take the chance. I asked what he was eating and copy the recipe: clam and shrimp slices mixed with artemia, dry food and garlic guard. I only eliminated the Scott Emulsion due to the high nutrients and I may drop the artemia after finishing the cubes I bought. As I read that it has to be fed several times a day, I increased the dry food dosage to two times a day reducing the quantity in half + prepared frozen food.

You have no idea how jealous I am, I also won't do a cbb again, fed my last one by hand, ate like a piglet and still passed, I know I can feed an idol just not seen a small one yet, my lfs knows I want a really small one but they rarely come up over here. :)

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no idea how jealous I am, I also won't do a cbb again, fed my last one by hand, ate like a piglet and still passed, I know I can feed an idol just not seen a small one yet, my lfs knows I want a really small one but they rarely come up over here. :)
Thank you my friend, he is one of my dream fish!
I keep my fingers crossed and keep watching the tank almost all day long. This will be my last full week of home office so I am trying to be a good “dad”. ;Nailbiting

I guess I have the advantage of been in Mexico and Idol is abundant in both sides of the oceans here and some LFS are taking the time to teach the hobbyist how to feed them. I really look forward to see one in one of your tanks! ;Woot

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the past couple of months I also introduced a diamond goby and a watchman goby. The idea was to keep the substrate clean. However they went to live together with the pistol shrimp I bought about two years ago, it seems they were having a love triangle…. lol

I suspect the shrimp hunted some of my fish, since I lost a puffer and a couple of firefish. So I asked my friend from the LFS to help me to capture the shrimp and we found this monster. o_O
60670D9C-2A50-433B-844D-2C1E31731A08.jpeg
3BD16B9F-FEB8-4682-B68B-B59889DBF598.jpeg

He grew so much and of course it was more than capable to hunt some fish. I miss his pistol’s clicks but he had to go. He is now waiting for a new home in the LFS.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back