OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a 42 inch high stand right? Perfect for some stools and a bartop/ledge next to the tank.

What if you move the piano over in front of vent to the right like below. You'd have a great view of the end of the tank while playing.

Then slide the tank closer to the windows on the left. That would let the room to the right have more space and there would be more walk around the tank space when going from room to room.

Add a bar top/ledge against the tank closest to the windows on the left and a couple stools to sit on. Up close viewing :) Just an idea!

Tank of PANIC.jpg

I plan to put a bar shelf going around the tank for sure. I have that on my 270 in the basement and had it on the last tank too. It’s a must for beers and elbows.

The overflow box ended up being a few inches wider than I thought so there is less room on the end. My wife requested to have nothing sticking out any further on that end since the space to the wall is only 32” instead of 36”.

The position of the tank stays just because of where the support beam is placed. I have a big piece of oak curing in my garage that will be a 9’ long live edge dining room table that goes in the front part of the room

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that tank looks very similar to something I have seen... :cool: . Remind me where that sump is going again?

Hmmmm, where could that have been...

Sump room is in the basement below and the plumbing is ready to go down there. I just have to put the bulkheads in the new tank and plumb the lines that come through the floor

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm, where could that have been...

Sump room is in the basement below and the plumbing is ready to go down there. I just have to put the bulkheads in the new tank and plumb the lines that come through the floor

Do you have an estimated timeline for when the tank would be wet?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be mostly sps, but I’ll have lots of Lps in there too. Whatever looks good goes in
Sweet! What are you doing for flow? My 200 gallon is six foot peninsula. I just bought six MP60's for the back wall because i won't put anything on the far end. I thought about something on the eurobrace hanging down, but i don't want any cords with ceiling mounted lights.

What are you going to do for flow, any good ideas? ??

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! What are you doing for flow? My 200 gallon is six foot peninsula. I just bought six MP60's for the back wall because i won't put anything on the far end. I thought about something on the eurobrace hanging down, but i don't want any cords with ceiling mounted lights.

What are you going to do for flow, any good ideas? ??

I have four mp40s and a mp60 for the back wall and if that’s not enough, then I’ll put a gyre or 2 on the front. Those I’d need to figure out a way for them to attach to the eurobracing to keep them
off the front glass

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four mp40s and a mp60 for the back wall and if that’s not enough, then I’ll put a gyre or 2 on the front. Those I’d need to figure out a way for them to attach to the eurobracing to keep them
off the front glass

Also seems oddly familiar... I have 2 mp60s on the pack with 4 mp40s and a gyre at the front connected to the euro bracing. Feel free to copy my bracket idea!

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also seems oddly familiar... I have 2 mp60s on the pack with 4 mp40s and a gyre at the front connected to the euro bracing. Feel free to copy my bracket idea!
Oh I will! No need to reinvent the wheel. I plan to hunt that down in your build thread when that time comes.

The overflow issue is extra obvious with water in the tank and light on it. Not sure what's going to happen with this thing. I'm not happy with it

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're mounting your gyre to the eurobrace does that mean your filling your tank pretty much all the way to the top? I've got a good 1" buffer at the top of my tank.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're mounting your gyre to the eurobrace does that mean your filling your tank pretty much all the way to the top? I've got a good 1" buffer at the top of my tank.
the water is a little over 1" from the top so I'd need to make an extender for it

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you also run teh gyre really close to the top of the water level? The center of the gyre is about 3.5" below the top of the water level.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I will! No need to reinvent the wheel. I plan to hunt that down in your build thread when that time comes.

The overflow issue is extra obvious with water in the tank and light on it. Not sure what's going to happen with this thing. I'm not happy with it

What is the overflow issue? Do you have a photo?

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the overflow issue? Do you have a photo?

The back glass was supposed to be black with only the notch cut out of the overflow visible. The overflow is very noticeable, so the opposite of what I ordered.

They could send a piece of black glass to overlay the back and a tech to install it, refund some money if I have to sub it out, or pick it up and send me a new tank. I’m not moving it myself again, especially not twice. I also don’t want to fiddle with the overflow and void the warranty. I’m pretty bummed out with it right now.

7EB871AC-EEA8-4A22-8E27-BC87FEDA956F.jpeg

A38E8294-064D-4436-A8FE-37BA77A722FA.jpeg

E14D1FE2-B0BA-4609-BB0B-29696C8E93ED.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back