Panic's 360g SPS Peninsula

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go - there are two really, maybe 3 of them…

The bottom one, main sump. Saltwater mixing above, rodi only for the ato above that
BF54C394-9861-4E9B-90CD-56D8A8FF1900.jpeg

3454B34A-FA93-4118-AEAF-6354CE704393.jpeg

The top one to trap bubbles and to gravity feed the skimmer, and hold chaeto
7C66CD08-B895-45E4-A82F-C18594884B5B.jpeg

This one has some extra live rock and is where I qt the fish. It catches a lot of the detritus and is easy to siphon
9EF54484-3416-4722-84CB-F2E70AFD9E38.jpeg

Some photos of all the sponges and goodies in the rock. Most of this is over 20 years is my system. I pull it all out once a year or so to shake out detritus and to siphon out the bottom of the tank
2C9130F5-D8F4-472C-B4CE-A11F8BDBD172.jpeg

8317698C-8DD1-428C-B705-F97AD1A959AE.jpeg

E46B411D-FF86-4DD2-A687-ED8C5EB4145B.jpeg

B8B90153-6FA0-4E95-A64A-66FCEF488488.jpeg
thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! Whats that big green coral on the bottom?
Thanks! Lobophelia costata I think
Tank is looking good brother!

Finally got my tank wet after my move, I’ll be contacting you for some frags in a few months
thank you! New tanks are fun though aside from the ugly phase. I still have some little blotches of algae here and there that just won’t go away. Hollar whenever your ready for some sticks.

Kocodelux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank there! I've got similar lighting with Aquatic life hybrid and radions. Could you please tell us a little more about your light schedule, intensity and photo period? Do you run Coral+ and Blue+ for T5s?

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank there! I've got similar lighting with Aquatic life hybrid and radions. Could you please tell us a little more about your light schedule, intensity and photo period? Do you run Coral+ and Blue+ for T5s?
Thanks! I use the AB+ on 9 hours with a 45 minute ramp up/down with blues on either end. I run the t5 for 4 hours in the middle with 4 actinic, 2 blue+. and 2 coral+ on the outsides. I just added the coral plus and like the color being less blue, so I'm going to replace one of the blues in the middle with another coral+. Thanks for the reminder! I have the Radions at 95% intensity but just dropped it down to 90 since I added 22 frags from the growout tank to the display last night. I keep the growout intensity at 87% but everything in there is 6" from the surface whereas the new frags in the display are around 12" under the surface.

I added a few new pieces to the display last night...

Hung's Rainbow
bkchem Creme de la Creme
bk Brainfreeze
bk Flaming Sunrise
bk Flaming Sunset
bk Grinch Jr
TSA Bill Murray
BigR Walt
SCOP
CB Maleficent
Oregon Tort
Tyree Pink Lemonade
BC Hot Flashlight
Tyree Superman
CB Flaming Phoenix
RMF Pink Passion
JF Fox Flame
BC Lemon Peel
BC Sky Parade
BC Houdini
TGC Acrolandia
Vivid Insanity
BC Houdini
BC Bubblebath Unicorn

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I use the AB+ on 9 hours with a 45 minute ramp up/down with blues on either end. I run the t5 for 4 hours in the middle with 4 actinic, 2 blue+. and 2 coral+ on the outsides. I just added the coral plus and like the color being less blue, so I'm going to replace one of the blues in the middle with another coral+. Thanks for the reminder! I have the Radions at 95% intensity but just dropped it down to 90 since I added 22 frags from the growout tank to the display last night. I keep the growout intensity at 87% but everything in there is 6" from the surface whereas the new frags in the display are around 12" under the surface.

I added a few new pieces to the display last night...

Hung's Rainbow
bkchem Creme de la Creme
bk Brainfreeze
bk Flaming Sunrise
bk Flaming Sunset
bk Grinch Jr
TSA Bill Murray
BigR Walt
SCOP
CB Maleficent
Oregon Tort
Tyree Pink Lemonade
BC Hot Flashlight
Tyree Superman
CB Flaming Phoenix
RMF Pink Passion
JF Fox Flame
BC Lemon Peel
BC Sky Parade
BC Houdini
TGC Acrolandia
Vivid Insanity
BC Houdini
BC Bubblebath Unicorn
You could've just bought a new truck. But no.

Who on earth has all that inventory? Or has this been accumulated over the months and been cooking? Holy smokes. Acroholics Anonymous anyone?

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could've just bought a new truck. But no.

Who on earth has all that inventory? Or has this been accumulated over the months and been cooking? Holy smokes. Acroholics Anonymous anyone?

ha! A new truck is stupid money right now…

I make a couple of orders every few months so it’s not so bad. You know that if you see me putting some frags up for sale that there are some new sticks I want to buy. That’s my rule with reef stuff to keep the war department happy. I have a backup in the frag tank of almost everything in the display. The Malaysian stuff is the most difficult though to keep a backup. Grows slow as heck and then one day I look and poof, it’s a skeleton.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha! A new truck is stupid money right now…

I make a couple of orders every few months so it’s not so bad. You know that if you see me putting some frags up for sale that there are some new sticks I want to buy. That’s my rule with reef stuff to keep the war department happy. I have a backup in the frag tank of almost everything in the display. The Malaysian stuff is the most difficult though to keep a backup. Grows slow as heck and then one day I look and poof, it’s a skeleton.
Agreed. Glad I am not in the market for any new/used vehicle right now. I got lucky and timed a few trades before the semi failure, but got stupid money for my used S6.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out of room for new pieces so I'm going to make one more pillar for the back corner that can handle 8 more pieces that I have in the growout tank, but there are another 20 I'd like to find a place for. I have a lot of really nice bright pink acros that I've collected but I realized that I'm maxed out on pink, so I'm having trouble picking which I want to use while having a nice color composition.

These are a few more pieces that I moved in last night:

Princess Peach
Cherry Bomb
Rainbow Milli
RMF Crunch Berry
RMF Bubble Yum
JF Jolt

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back