Panic's 360g SPS Peninsula

LowDime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them. It’s nice to have everything all together in one fixture and I need the light spread that the t5 gives.
nice i will have to look more into them when i get a chance. The budget for my 5ft new tank went out the window. :(

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s craft day!

It’s my first time using the Marco cement and I’m not sure if it’s any different than when I used Portland and acrylic admix when I made the towers in the 270. I always wondered if I was leeching extra phosphates from that so I used the fancy stuff this time. I really enjoy making stuff, so this was fun. I limited myself to making 2 today so I could adjust my technique for the next ones if necessary. I used the 14” saw to cut the bottom flat on one of them so that it would be sturdy. The other one already had a nice, balanced tripod bottom so I didn’t have to cut that one. I used tip ties to hold some smaller pieces on the tops while the cement cures. If these turn out well, I will make 4 or 5 more and maybe a little arch per request of my daughter.

The goal when building these is to have them large enough for 3 sps frags on the top of each and a base to place some lps or lower light sps. All these will be my favorite new frags I’m growing out in the lagoon right now.

A3D31C8C-61DD-4F10-94BA-99242AC4F70D.jpeg

316B9B58-D5C1-4A24-A681-69769E406CC8.jpeg

4D89B9E1-DEE4-42DB-B70B-2DEA07A847CD.jpeg

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s craft day!

It’s my first time using the Marco cement and I’m not sure if it’s any different than when I used Portland and acrylic admix when I made the towers in the 270. I always wondered if I was leeching extra phosphates from that so I used the fancy stuff this time. I really enjoy making stuff, so this was fun. I limited myself to making 2 today so I could adjust my technique for the next ones if necessary. I used the 14” saw to cut the bottom flat on one of them so that it would be sturdy. The other one already had a nice, balanced tripod bottom so I didn’t have to cut that one. I used tip ties to hold some smaller pieces on the tops while the cement cures. If these turn out well, I will make 4 or 5 more and maybe a little arch per request of my daughter.

The goal when building these is to have them large enough for 3 sps frags on the top of each and a base to place some lps or lower light sps. All these will be my favorite new frags I’m growing out in the lagoon right now.

A3D31C8C-61DD-4F10-94BA-99242AC4F70D.jpeg

316B9B58-D5C1-4A24-A681-69769E406CC8.jpeg

4D89B9E1-DEE4-42DB-B70B-2DEA07A847CD.jpeg
Looking great!!

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a pair or xf350s today…

These put out a lot of flow and the corals responded quickly by extending polyps out. I have one on each end and like them enought that I might get another set and have only those on the tops and a single mp60 in the middle of the back. I was able to use both of the magnets provided to attach them to the eurobrace by using a Tunze magnet on the topside. I will eventually copycat @rds85 and use his idea for keeping the pump off the viewing panes of glass and dropping the pump a little lower in the water. As they sit now, I will have to move them to clean the glass since they rest on it.

I like the little adhesive mounting things that Ecotech sends along with the Vortex for wire management, but they a little bigger than I needed for mounting them in the track on the inside of the eurobrace. I cut them down on my bandsaw and attached a few. The adhesive on the double sided sticky foam isn't strong enough to stay attached to the plastic rail, so I cleaned all of that foam off and used a couple drops of superglue gel. Now the wires are hidden out of sight.

3815B81D-B256-4885-9AFB-28AE0DE27AB8.jpeg

BAF55F11-6C76-4A1D-A64C-FBAEDCD3D026.jpeg

E16A12A6-BC5D-49BD-A369-0D6ED387C899.jpeg

Last edited:

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to need 4 of them so I’ve been putting off making them. Since yours look so nice, you should make me some! I’ll send you more sps :)
Ohh man. I did just receive a bunch of acrylic in to fix my coral QT tank. I will work on that this weekend with a friend and if I have scraps I will let you know if I can make a few for you.

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a pair or xf350s today…

These put out a lot of flow and the corals responded quickly by extending polyps out. I have one on each end and like them enought that I might get another set and have only those on the tops and a single mp60 in the middle of the back. I was able to use both of the magnets provided to attach them to the eurobrace by using a Tunze magnet on the topside. I will eventually copycat @rds85 and use his idea for keeping the pump off the viewing panes of glass and dropping the pump a little lower in the water. As they sit now, I will have to move them to clean the glass since they rest on it.

I like the little adhesive mounting things that Ecotech sends along with the Vortex for wire management, but they a little bigger than I needed for mounting them in the track on the inside of the eurobrace. I cut them down on my bandsaw and attached a few. The adhesive on the double sided sticky foam isn't strong enough to stay attached to the plastic rail, so I cleaned all of that foam off and used a couple drops of superglue gel. Now the wires are hidden out of sight.

3815B81D-B256-4885-9AFB-28AE0DE27AB8.jpeg

BAF55F11-6C76-4A1D-A64C-FBAEDCD3D026.jpeg

E16A12A6-BC5D-49BD-A369-0D6ED387C899.jpeg
where do i find this idea on how to drop the gyre down lower when its mounted on the eurobrace.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked on the trim around the tank and stand. It’s getting a quick primer touch up and then I’ll roll on trim color with a foam weenie roller. I just went super basic. I planned on doing a little ledge for elbows and beers like my other tanks, but the War Department wanted it more sleek. She let me have a hot tub sized reef tank in our front room, so I can compromise with that ;)

B9C700F6-DD5A-480B-8253-67B313689578.jpeg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that set up on the gyres, I'll have to look into making those mounts as my new tank will have the euro bracing, my first time with a full euro braced tank.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that set up on the gyres, I'll have to look into making those mounts as my new tank will have the euro bracing, my first time with a full euro braced tank.

They move a bunch of water but only about 2/3 of the way across the tank. I think if I add one more on each it that it might be enough total flow. I’m waiting for the mp60s to arrive before I order any more though because those throw a wall of flow all the way to the opposite end of the tank with ease.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They move a bunch of water but only about 2/3 of the way across the tank. I think if I add one more on each it that it might be enough total flow. I’m waiting for the mp60s to arrive before I order any more though because those throw a wall of flow all the way to the opposite end of the tank with ease.
The MP 60s made all the difference in the world when I added them.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2 MP60's, 2 MP40's, 2 350 Gyres on my 210 and was planning to move them all over to the 300 as I'm not running them anywhere near max. I was thinking of 4 350's and 2 MP60's as I really want to get pumps off the back of the tank. Was a nightmare to remove when I had a defective outer drive and I need the tank backed against the wall.

I have a wave box but removed it, the motion in the tank it creates is unreal, I just hate the size and sound of it. I wish a manufacturer would revisit it as Tunze just through some existing parts together.

Love your build, I have been following for a while, and seeing it come together has been great.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2 MP60's, 2 MP40's, 2 350 Gyres on my 210 and was planning to move them all over to the 300 as I'm not running them anywhere near max. I was thinking of 4 350's and 2 MP60's as I really want to get pumps off the back of the tank. Was a nightmare to remove when I had a defective outer drive and I need the tank backed against the wall.

I have a wave box but removed it, the motion in the tank it creates is unreal, I just hate the size and sound of it. I wish a manufacturer would revisit it as Tunze just through some existing parts together.

Love your build, I have been following for a while, and seeing it come together has been great.

The wave box is amazing when it’s in sync for sure. 3 mp60s and 4 xf350s I think will be ideal for me, so we will be pretty close with our flow choices. Access to the back of my tank is tight, but I can get to it all easily. I’m going to have to glue the dry side of the mp60s on the back of the tank with a healthy amount of silicon. With the back glass being 1-1/8” thick, the only thing keeping it on now is that the cord is looped over the return bulkhead and zipped tied together. Not so good for the cord I think, but it works for now.

This build has been mostly frustrating and stressful, but that part is in the past and the fun part is here - I’m enjoying it every day now. Thanks for the kind words!

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the tank so far, you are doing an amazing job. You are making me think I don't have enough flow on my tank. Now I'm wondering if I need to order some MP60. Great Job, love following along.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry one question, what level of Par are you getting your tank?

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the tank so far, you are doing an amazing job. You are making me think I don't have enough flow on my tank. Now I'm wondering if I need to order some MP60. Great Job, love following along.

Thanks! I would probably be ok with what I have with acros only on the ends and Lps everywhere else, but I want acros growing end to end. Detritus gets stuck deep in the big colonies as I have it now on the side without the mp60.

Sorry one question, what level of Par are you getting your tank?

Uhhhhhhhh, I dunno

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trim is painted. I added a fresh batch of pods from Reef Nutrition to get these rocks repopulated and some of their phyto to feed them. I have been using phyto for the last 3 months and have noticed that my water is much more clear when I dose 20ml of phyto every few days. So much so that I had to lower light intensity 15%.

933028D0-1815-4EF6-ADF3-1736C6D4BAD2.jpeg

A811B2BD-104A-434C-A971-200A4A5B833E.jpeg

D8E0E309-4FC3-4419-8F93-8CEE4C3F2BB6.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back