Parasite worm pest Help ID!

Bobobble

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2024
Messages
84
Reaction score
21
Location
orange
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got you — here’s a smoother, blog-ready version that keeps your tone but cleans it up and flows better:


I’ve noticed these worms in my sand bed from time to time during the day, but lately I’ve been having issues with some of my corals. Because of that, I started checking my tank at night to see if there were any noticeable pests that might be causing problems.

During these nighttime checks, I came across a lot more of these worms. I’m wondering what pest they are exactly flatworm if so which type. If so, what kind are they exactly? could they be responsible for the slow decline I’m seeing in my LPS corals?

I’d really appreciate any insight into what these pests might be, whether they’re harmful, and what issues they can cause in a reef tank. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

IMG_7652.jpeg IMG_7650.jpeg IMG_7629.jpeg IMG_7620.jpeg
 
Dang! When are you shipping? Just kidding. I have one big one somewhere.
 
@ISpeakForTheSeas
Love the GPT post there... lol. They don't look like worms to me almost like baby chitons.

I agree. I'm almost positive those are chitons. I got two from my TBS sand and rocks. Eventually they will find the undersides of rocks and you will never see them again. I only see mine when I pulled out the rocks to move the aquarium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new