Parting ways with the hobby, what's this stuff worth?

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,

I've decided to get out of the hobby and would like to know what everyone feels this stuff is worth. Please let me know your thoughts in the thread below.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,

I've decided to get out of the hobby and would like to know what everyone feels this stuff is worth. Please let me know your thoughts in the thread below.

Sad to hear that mate! Also, the link doesn't work..

"Oops! We ran into some problems.".....

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've enjoyed this hobby for awhile now, however I think its time to part ways as I am just too busy these days. 6 months of your child's cancer can make one tired, so I've decided to part ways with everything.

*** Red Sea Reefer 250 v3 with modified sump. It is fully automated with Apex solutions, including water changes and ATO top-off.
The system has custom red plumbing and 15w AqauUV that I installed about a month ago. There's a brand new ReefMat 500 that's still on the first roll. I have the Trident system, an extra DoS and another DoS that does water changes. I have the COR15 pump running the system and their ATO, with another FMM for two PMUPS and solenoid on ATO RODI system. I also have a 1link powering all of these things. There's a handful of water sensors, some slim and unopened along with two flow sensors both at the RODI and at the UV above the COR15 from the sump return. Everything else runs on the Red Sea app, including two ReefLED 90w, two Reefwave 25, 1 ReefDose4 and an OCTO 110SSS skimmer. There's also a heater and AFS included, along with one Trigger Systems 5g and 10g ATO container.

There are three custom built NHSA landscapes in the tank, fully cured with coraline all over. There are a few coral inhabitants but several livestock, including a Flame Angel, Tomini Tang, Two False Clowns and Three Chromis along with a cleaner shrimp and a few snails. I feel all of these including the tank should be at least $3000 but I will take the largest bid by end of next week. I'll also toss in a free pass to Reefpalooza to the winner.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello all,

I've enjoyed this hobby for awhile now, however I think its time to part ways as I am just too busy these days. 6 months of your child's cancer can make one tired, so I've decided to part ways with everything.

*** Red Sea Reefer 250 v3 with modified sump. It is fully automated with Apex solutions, including water changes and ATO top-off.
The system has custom red plumbing and 15w AqauUV that I installed about a month ago. There's a brand new ReefMat 500 that's still on the first roll. I have the Trident system, an extra DoS and another DoS that does water changes. I have the COR15 pump running the system and their ATO, with another FMM for two PMUPS and solenoid on ATO RODI system. I also have a 1link powering all of these things. There's a handful of water sensors, some slim and unopened along with two flow sensors both at the RODI and at the UV above the COR15 from the sump return. Everything else runs on the Red Sea app, including two ReefLED 90w, two Reefwave 25, 1 ReefDose4 and an OCTO 110SSS skimmer. There's also a heater and AFS included, along with one Trigger Systems 5g and 10g ATO container.

There are three custom built NHSA landscapes in the tank, fully cured with coraline all over. There are a few coral inhabitants but several livestock, including a Flame Angel, Tomini Tang, Two False Clowns and Three Chromis along with a cleaner shrimp and a few snails. I feel all of these including the tank should be at least $3000 but I will take the largest bid by end of next week. I'll also toss in a free pass to Reefpalooza to the winner.
Very sorry to hear about the health issues in your family. Good luck with the sale.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess a third of what you played for it. Definitely going to lose alot of money, may as well keep at it... maybe run it as fowlr, that's practically maintenance free(comparatively speaking)

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry to hear about your child's health issues. I hope all goes well for all of you.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess a third of what you played for it. Definitely going to lose alot of money, may as well keep at it... maybe run it as fowlr, that's practically maintenance free(comparatively speaking)
I figured so. I don't really want to deal with parting it all out but I may have to sell all the red sea stuff separate from the apex stuff.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured so. I don't really want to deal with parting it all out but I may have to sell all the red sea stuff separate from the apex stuff.
Maybe just shut it down and store away for later? The way things are going, itll cost double the price to purchase new in a few years.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your situation and sending prayers for your child's recovery from illness.

Have you contacted any local LFS to see if they want the complete package? Selling everything together limits your potential buyers to only local residents who can pick up in person. Parting out a lot of that nice equipment would allow much larger customer base and just include buyer pays shipping cost.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what my spouse suggested, it might be a local thing as I don't really want to spend time shipping. People like the empty tank and ready to go approach, so I may tear it down. Appreciate the wishes.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the area you are located in so locals on R2R here might be interested?

R2R peeps let's try and help this guy out so he can focus on his priority now.

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 9 and 12 year old so it’s totally understandable. Sorry to go off tangent but I have no shame in saying that I have this deep seeded anger when it comes to cancer and kids. I’ll pray that your little one gets better. If the admins want to delete my comment then let it be.

#****cancer

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back