OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a new camera, an older Pentax K100d, heres a few shots I popped off quickly!

IMGP7895.JPG

IMGP7904.JPG

IMGP7923.JPG

IMGP7912.JPG

IMGP7930.JPG

FSUNole_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Pics Paul! Hadn't heard from your tank in a bit. At what level do you keep your Mg, Ca, Alk? What supplements do you use for Coral Chemistry?

Go Noles!

D_Reep1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the tank! Im picking up and old 150 and 135 from a guy soon and you're making me rethink it now. the 150 has some issues with the framing on the bottom but it holds water but now I'm wondering for how long. It is an old tank too. I just read through your whole thread and I'm sorry to hear about your first 120 but those tanks are the perfect size for a college student that is serious about reefing.

OP
OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Pics Paul! Hadn't heard from your tank in a bit. At what level do you keep your Mg, Ca, Alk? What supplements do you use for Coral Chemistry?

Go Noles!

I try and keep my alk around the 11.5-12 range, calcium in the 400-420 range and mag has been pretty steady at 1350-1400. Unfortunately I forget sometimes and my levels vary, but those are the numbers I am usually recording. I use Seachem Reef builder and Seachem reef advantage calcum.

OP
OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the tank! Im picking up and old 150 and 135 from a guy soon and you're making me rethink it now. the 150 has some issues with the framing on the bottom but it holds water but now I'm wondering for how long. It is an old tank too. I just read through your whole thread and I'm sorry to hear about your first 120 but those tanks are the perfect size for a college student that is serious about reefing.

Thanks! But yeah my next tank will probably be professionally built to specs rather than a mass produced, just for those reasons. At the Shop I've seen tanks with really bad seal jobs come in, even panels not being properly aligned by up to half an inch, kind of scary. But yeah I love the size of the 120, definitely want a 250 dd in the future or bigger but that will be a while away!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job Paul!

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul knows his stuff I saw this tank some time ago and it was coming along beautifully. I need to make it by soon paul. Your joes inferno and rose mille are still going strong, your first in line for frags of course.

OP
OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul knows his stuff I saw this tank some time ago and it was coming along beautifully. I need to make it by soon paul. Your joes inferno and rose mille are still going strong, your first in line for frags of course.

Glad to hear you've still got them! I still have the rose bud's but let me know whenever that inferno is ready I miss how fuzzy that thing was.

Lowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow pretty impressive! Can't wait to see more. .. where are you from?

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That canopy looks great paul, I am running very similar lighting setup myself, always been a ATI t5 bulb guy, how do you like the redsea bulbs? I no longer have the rosebuds millie, I would love to stop by and get a frag from you anytime your ready, I have a few sps I can trade or cash, let me know man, the tank is looking great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job on the canopy and lighting! Tank looks good too!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice and simple canopy build. Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update, the t-5 lighting is definitely an amazing addition, I love the more even spread of light as compared to just my LED's previously, my corals, especially sps are growing much faster than before. In the last few months I've added several fish, making my reef look a lot more active.

Fish added:
Purple Tang
Sailfin Tang
2 Purple Firefish
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Multi Color Fairy Wrasse
Ornate Leopard Wrasse
Green Mandarin

Previous Stock:
Yellow Tang
2 Perc clowns
Rainfordi Gobi
Lyre Tail Anthias
Blue Green Chromis

Bringing my fish total to 14 fish, the tangs are all getting along well after about two months together, there was an initially a large amount of aggression from the yellow tang but he has since settled and accepted the Purple and Sailfin.

IMGP8174.JPG

Back