Peninsula Aquarium Manufacturers

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tank is a 100-160 gallon peninsula in 2-3 years. Below is a list of manufacturers that I can think of that include a stand, ship to your door etc. Basically, proven, ready-to-go tanks and stands. I am leaning towards a Red Sea or WB. Thoughts, suggestions? Am I missing any others? Who has the biggest value (biggest bang for the buck)? Best customer service, parts availability?

Red Sea
WaterBox
Innovative Marine
Elos
Planet Aquariums (custom)

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some good off-the-shelf penninsula systems, but I agree with Ludders - go custom if it is your dream tank and any of the off-the-shelf choices make you compromise. Sounds like you want a turn key option though. If you do go custom, Planet, AGE, and GlassCages are good options depending on where you live. Whatever you do, don't use Custom Aquariums - I have a horror story about them when I hired them to build $15k in tanks and can relate it if you are considering them...

Royce024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tank is a 100-160 gallon peninsula in 2-3 years. Below is a list of manufacturers that I can think of that include a stand, ship to your door etc. Basically, proven, ready-to-go tanks and stands. I am leaning towards a Red Sea or WB. Thoughts, suggestions? Am I missing any others? Who has the biggest value (biggest bang for the buck)? Best customer service, parts availability?

Red Sea
WaterBox
Innovative Marine
Elos
Planet Aquariums (custom)
You should also check out the Cade peninsula tanks from algaebarn. Look towards the end of this video I found:

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where r you? Cfi. Clear fabrications inc. In seattle does beautiful custom work. They do it all. Plumbing. Stand. Display. Prob make whatever you ask within reason.
D

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the exact same boat. Only thing making me lose motivation is how to put a powerhead on far view panel without the dam cord running across top of the tank. It's the only thing from preventing me from ordering a custom peninsula.

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O guys. Peninsula tanks are great! 3 side view walk around. They do take up walking space or hallway space.

A hood or nice furniture grade stand hood combo hides the cords.

I plumbed one up and over the top to the end for flow as well before. Some zip ties and a power bar up high maybe too.

Get that high stand so u dont have to crouch over either. Lol

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just now getting mp 40 and mp 60s for flow and no cords.

Closed loop systems used to be all the rage for flow back when. Ive got 2 1 1/2" seaswirls chillin in my garage for yrs. Lol. Anyone need a baldor!?
Lol
D

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, I'm putting 2 mp60s and an mp40 on the far side, then plumbing two returns up and over the top and just under the surface at the short end viewable side, so they are barely visible. I have to have a hood and cabinetry enclose the entire top, so it is easy to hide everything this way. If you like the open top rimless look, it is a little harder...

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 deg loc line on the far end below the surface. Also maybe a suction with strainer and rock over it out the bottom for a closed loop.
D

Royce024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same boat as well right now. I really like the IM Ext 200s. I am leaning in that direction.

lstmysock11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out SCA aquariums, They do offer a lot on their PNP systems and most include free shipping. In some cases the shipping can be as much as the tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back