Peppermint or Camelback shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chameleon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,249
Reaction score
93
Location
Rockville, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall
Fist sorry for the double thread (i posted in invert forum too) but I need a quick response so I figured posting here would get better traffic.

I just got these shrimp that are acclimating now. I just want to make sure they are peppermint or Lysmata wurdemanni before adding to the tank. Please let me know. If I need better pics let me know too.
IMAG1186.jpg

IMAG1187.jpg
 
Hard to tell from the top down pics. Camel backs have a rather large hump where the tail meets the body. That's why they are called camel back.
 
I think they are peppermint...although i dont think it matters now...
I did something really dumb and instead of grabbing the acclimation specimen box I think I grabbed the dip one. shrimpy's aren't looking so good. really wish I had labeled the boxes properly. I always set one on one side of the shelf and the other on the other. maybe I mixed them up, but anyway I think residual bayer on the container is hitting them hard...sad day
I would jsut throw them in the tank to get them out of the bad water but not sure if that will cause more issues...thoughts??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new