Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 this is my thought exactly.

Glad to hear it Perry! It's interesting to hear such a turn around with the Pro Bio S.

Hey Tim,
All corals are taking off again, and I would imagine the kalkwasser would have been my culprit. Totally unnecessary, as my 3-4" crush coral bed maintains alk and ca, despite obvious signs of growth. I keep telling myself that one day, it will not keep up, but not one drop of alk buffer added to this tank since since crush coral bed added, which was a couple months before sps added. Lowering the light during this change to push par, yeah bad idea.
Due to my observation, I will continue use of Pro Bio S, and NP Pro. NP Pro is not ethanol, or acetic acid base, it is polymer in liquid form. Albeit, my dose is 1/2 recommended and will stay there. I believe bacteria also feeds filter feeders, which promotes stability. I am very excited to see hundreds of stomatella snails, and limpets in massive numbers :)
As far as oyster eggs, I can only say that my tank goes bonkers post feeding, some even slime up, telling me they just ate :) PE is ridiculous! I reside to keeping things as simple as I can. I am not keen on dosing aminos or AF coral supps. I am 100% convinced that feeding heavy, with Hikari mysis and brine, with alternative PE mysis, and Rods Reef are staple to coral nutrition, putting plenty of po4 out to my reef.
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now my new Gomezi frag is certainly work in progress in my grow out which has settled down now after 2 years. Like you I choose for different color, growth patterns and PE. This one looks to be a tabling acro -- short and fat. Happy to share when it grows out.

Lights already gone to blue, but the filter puts it pretty close. It is the one with the name tag at 22:00.

Scott, sorry I missed this one. Thanks for posting, I love the Gomezi, looking forward to seeing it mature :)
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here one that's trending, not sure what lineage, but here is a pic of this one back in August, 2nd pic a few days back.
20200816_170841.jpg

20201214_165132.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooooo that's heading in a good direction. Love the coralline growth too Perry!

Thanks Tim!
Coralline is definitely out of control, but a welcomed site on the reef. That acro is definitely one of the craziest pieces in the tank, hard to photo, but has many colors, and no rhyme or reason to it's coloration. As you can see, it looks luke a bleached tip growth underneath, but it's healthy, just a translucent blue. Anyway, high hopes for that one :)
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas fellow sps reefers!
Here is my Christmas gift this year, some goodies on the way. Still looking for a few others, especially millis, lol.
Also, will be getting a 2nd actinic bar, and this for the back glass, to build height and dimension.
12-holed-4-scaled-e1603552692541.jpg

1. BC Bubblebath Unicorn
2. TSA Bill Murray
3. Event Horizon Milli
4. Cherry Bomb
5. SC OP
6. Pink Freak Tenuis
7. WWC Pineapple Pin Milli

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas Perry! That looks like a good list! Where did the rock come from?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I don't use much in the way of social media, I consider my reefing community my friends. I received news, on Christmas day, that I am going to be a grandpa, so not reefing related, but wanted to share my excitement with my sps/reefing friends. I am not that old guys, maybe a little, lol. This news blew me away, and I am just wanting to share my excitement :)
Cheers

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I don't use much in the way of social media, I consider my reefing community my friends. I received news, on Christmas day, that I am going to be a grandpa, so not reefing related, but wanted to share my excitement with my sps/reefing friends. I am not that old guys, maybe a little, lol. This news blew me away, and I am just wanting to share my excitement :)
Cheers
Congrats Perry!!

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers
I am thrilled for you, @Perry!!!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers
That is bigger news than bringing home a Homewrecker colony so many congrats! What a cool gift for Christmas! So happy for you!

We are not far from it chronologically but work/grad school likely deferring this which is OK as I need to grow up a bit more.

Your photography skills will come in (more) handy at some point. A Summer baby then? All mine were Summer babies.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated corals, all but pineapple pin milli will arrive today, time to break out the frag rack, lol :)

1. BC Bubblebath Unicorn
2. TSA Bill Murray
3. Event Horizon Milli
4. Cherry Bomb
5. SC OP
6. Pink Freak Tenuis
7. WWC Pineapple Pin Milli
8. PR Infidel
9. MattV Cookie Monster

Aquarock also ordered, this will mount on back wall building height. This branch will be only tenuis species. My pack above has me in a good spot with 5 new tenuis :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:
Well it happened, I tested alk today and from last time measuring, moved from 7.7dkh down to 6.7dkh. Time to start buffering, first time since sps additions. FWIW, using ESV to buffer. I will begin manual dosing and testing to determine consumption rate, more to come :)

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:
Well it happened, I tested alk today and from last time measuring, moved from 7.7dkh down to 6.7dkh. Time to start buffering, first time since sps additions. FWIW, using ESV to buffer. I will begin manual dosing and testing to determine consumption rate, more to come :)
Consumption!!

Clearly, 2021 is going to be a great year.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back