OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries - I'm just giving you a hard time. I was sold on Orpheks for my current build until I came across a couple used Giesemann fixtures - an Infiniti and Spectra. Another one of my favorite LED setups is the Kessil 360 on an AquaticLife DX18. Either way, I know your display will look sharp. Let me know when you're ready for corals - I've got a 110g Reef Savvy w/ 100+ frags with another month and a half to go on QT (WD, couple nice chalices, lots of other sticks, etc). You can stop by and pick some up.

Great news on the first fill-up. God it takes forever, right?

Best.

Hey Nate, that's nice of you, and I may take you up, down the road :) Tank is full, all equipment is in working order. The skimmer pump needs some tweaks, leaking micro bubbles, not a big deal, they are not finding their way into the display. No leaks, all good, tank runs quite silent. With 2 drains on valves, and an emergency drain, I could push much more water through sump, currently at about 750gph. Right now I have 2 geissemann verve led panels, Kessil a360we, and 250 Cayman Sun, with Hamilton ballast, 20k Radium bulb, with 5 hour a day, 2 total months use. Really want to get a 36" 6 bulb ATI, with 2 Orphek bars. I am also thinking 2 verves blue only, with halide in between at 5 to 6 hours per day. Might be over kill, lol. We shall see :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've come back to us Perry :D :D so glad to see you back with a tank, a plan and lots of fun to be had!! :D Definitely following along mate!!
Hey Mate!
I am very stoked to be back, lots of love around, pay it forward fully in effect, and a happy humble sps guru getting his fix ;) I still have all my LPS mixed cube going, its looking good, now no excuses, no flubber, only SPS, and mainly acros, probably montis on the floor, lol. I plan on stuffing it full of fish, albeit nano size/ smaller fish. The skimmer rated for heavy 200 gallon tank, only around 90 total, so hoping to run this tank simple. I have no plans at this time for any ULNS, the sump has 3 fuges, so I can have lots of chaeto if necessary. This tank is a beast for a smaller setup, lol. Thanks for looking in mate, and tell Andrew no excuses, I look forward to seeing him back in action, its time for the movement to come back!
Cheers

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t pass up following a nice sps tank. I love the size. I’m actually looking for something similar as I can’t go too big. As for lighting a orphek Atlantik panel would be perfect for that tank.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t pass up following a nice sps tank. I love the size. I’m actually looking for something similar as I can’t go too big. As for lighting a orphek Atlantik panel would be perfect for that tank.
Hi,
Thanks for checking out my journal, and yes that is a heck of a lighting choice :) So much lighting in house, can't justify other options right now, but who knows what the future holds, lol :)
Cheers

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mate!
I am very stoked to be back, lots of love around, pay it forward fully in effect, and a happy humble sps guru getting his fix ;) I still have all my LPS mixed cube going, its looking good, now no excuses, no flubber, only SPS, and mainly acros, probably montis on the floor, lol. I plan on stuffing it full of fish, albeit nano size/ smaller fish. The skimmer rated for heavy 200 gallon tank, only around 90 total, so hoping to run this tank simple. I have no plans at this time for any ULNS, the sump has 3 fuges, so I can have lots of chaeto if necessary. This tank is a beast for a smaller setup, lol. Thanks for looking in mate, and tell Andrew no excuses, I look forward to seeing him back in action, its time for the movement to come back!
Cheers
I cannot wait to see this come together!! I'll tell @Biggles to come pester you as well :p haha we've just bought and my new waterbox 170 is coming this weekend so we're starting new tanks around a similar time!! :D (I'll have a little bit of flubber though, despite Andrew's bullying haha) and I'm also going all Radions for this build too!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot wait to see this come together!! I'll tell @Biggles to come pester you as well :p haha we've just bought and my new waterbox 170 is coming this weekend so we're starting new tanks around a similar time!! :D (I'll have a little bit of flubber though, despite Andrew's bullying haha) and I'm also going all Radions for this build too!
Lol,
Congrats on the WB 170, I actually know the owners, and used to do work with them, but that was ages ago, lol :) Their tanks are sweet. Radion are superb choice, will be on the lookout for the build. Cheers Mate!

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon the mess, but lights hung today :)

20191016_204625.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I successfully connected to Giesemann Verve app, built a schedule, and uploaded. I am amazed at the intensity of these lights, for the 1st time ever, I totally think that I will be able to do only led, but also be happy with the visual appearance. The tank literally glows, such a pleasant experience on the eyes. Here is a pic :)
Cheers

20191017_175451.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Productive weekend with the tank :)
Put my DA RKL online, not too big into automation, but will be using it for temp monitoring, BM doser, and tunze nano ato additionally. Also cleaned up wiring a bit, and now only need a front and side skin to complete stand.
The cycle, which was not really a cycle complete, skimmer is pulling, despite no livestock. Will be adding peppermint shrimp this weekend to combat aptasia on the rock, no other pests at this point. Will also begin stocking fish, and maybe a few teaser sps this weekend coming up.
I did put carbon online, just for contaminant control, but likely will opt for a simple method this go around to control nutrients. Again, this skimmer is rated for 200 gallon med to heavy stock, so on my bb 60 gallon, plus 30 in sump, I feel that nothing else should be necessary. It will be heavy in and heavy out philosophy.
Also, I cannot understate the power of the lighting, super impressed, no shading whatsoever. Deep blue, Royal blue, Lagoon blue, and UV all peak at 80%. Whites and reds on a similar curve, ramping to 40% but only from 12 to 6pm.
Will be alsi measuring par this weekend too. Excited to see the numbers :)
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Conor,
Been a long time man! I have lots of catching up to do, thanks for checking out the journal :) Hope your tank is still as amazing as it was a few years back, those torts were always so stunning!
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday evening,
I acclimated and introduced a group of 4 pajama cardinals, and a CBB. Was going to add peppermint shrimp to take out aptasia, but looks as though the CBB will handle it. All fish are healthy and ate shortly after introduction. I will be on the lookout for different apagon cardinals, as I am theming Leonardo's Apagon Reef. There will be several more fish added to the system, but the CBB will be the largest of all, and the focus will be on smaller species.
Planning on adding some corals this weekend, so stay tuned.
Also, it's important to note that this is not a start up tank, rock has been wet several years. Also, the rock was pretty clean, as the skimmer did not pull too much out. That said, there was little to no cycle. I don't want to advocate my reefing philosophy to all, a especially newcomers.
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember Leonardo's Apagon Reef, it was a beauty! I'm sure you will do yourself proud, as you always have. Following along for the ride.
Ahhhhh....
Thank you for your kind words, I will do my best :)
As you know, I don't follow along with fad reefing, I am hands on, and prefer not to over complicate things with too much tech. I have learned quite a bit from each of my projects from the past, and feel this setup has great potential.
Looking forward to getting some sticks glued down this weekend, should be some nice high end pieces :)
Cheers,

Back